Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening: Threshold of a Dream - History

Aetherius

i was thinking earlier about why we don't have a webspace, and I can't think of a good reason. at least then we could host the wips there in a locked folder, so that at least we can give each other feedback and such. plus, then it'd be easier when we release it - we wouldn't have to pull a fully finished website out of nowhere near the end of the project.

heard anything from eonblue about graphics?

EDIT: what about sigs? everyone else has one. i know i asked before, but can anyone else on the project throw something together? don't make me go mspain(t) on your sorry arses...

Eon made us a cover a while ago, but that's about all.

Escariot has been hosting the wips on his webspace, but the webspace hasn't been released in this thread because I'm witholding the wips from the general populace until the 10th of December.

Meanwhile, it'd be great to have forumsigs, but I can't design them myself.

like i said in Project Chaos's thread -

I'm going to be outta the scene music-wise for a couple of weeks; In a recent store robbery, I was shot twice (first shot scraped shoulder, second went through). I've been shot before, so I wasn't going crazy, but it does hurt to move it too much, so I'm going to rest my arm for awhile.

-

Although it may not be that long of a time. Plus, I'm getting a guitar upgrade again, so that might motivate me even more.

Good point Starky, I told my girlfriend about it, and she said she would try to change it. While she was on it, she'd make some other examples too. The design would stay the same, she just tinkered with some settings, changing accents and such.

She made 14 examples in total, which examples appeals the most to you, and why ? What do we all think ?

For your conveniency, she numbered them ;-)

http://www.student.kuleuven.ac.be/~s0162853/laproject/LinkProjectBanners.jpg (1,4 MB) Here's a link to the file, because it's a little too big for this forum :-)

Although there hasn't been any response on the Forums, I got some response in the IRC channel. According to that, I made some changes to it :

Link%20banner%2022.jpg

Link%20banner%2021.jpg

I like the first better, what do you guys think ? by the way, should it be "Link's Awakening Project" or "Link's Awakening Remix Project" ?

Either way, I left some space open for special, person-specific sigs, like "Project Coordinator", "Site Designer", "Project Participant" or the like, you name it. Gimme some ideas !

(The changes made are : Made Link more highres, changed the color and locating of the title, made the shield and sword around the Z visible)

like i said in Project Chaos's thread -

I'm going to be outta the scene music-wise for a couple of weeks; In a recent store robbery, I was shot twice (first shot scraped shoulder, second went through). I've been shot before, so I wasn't going crazy, but it does hurt to move it too much, so I'm going to rest my arm for awhile.

-

Although it may not be that long of a time. Plus, I'm getting a guitar upgrade again, so that might motivate me even more.

I DEMAND AN EXPLANATION YOU DASTARDLY LITTLE PERSON

Also, I'm going to work on my track some more tonight. Don't know if I'll have a substantial update or not, though.

-chth

Just a reminder that the following tracks have not been taken:

Track 6 > Tal Tal Heights (6/96)

Track 13 > Turtle Rock (90/96)

Bottle Grotto (21/96)

The Hen House (87/96)

Animal Village (11/96)

Richard's Villa (64/96)

The Trendy/Fishing Games (2/96)<53/96>

Choose a Name (17/96)

I know my name is beside turtle rock, but at the moment, should someone present me with a good wip, I would let them have it.

Meanwhile:

The wip deadline is coming!

Are you ready?!

On thiw wip deadline (Dec. 10th) We will be releasing the wips to the general public. This way, we can give eachother feedback. While I would have preferred to have kept them secret the whole time, and spring the album on everyone without them having heard the tracks, it's hard for anyone to be interested in something they haven't heard, so let's hope the wip release will interest some people.

That said, if you haven't even started *glares* we need to talk.

*reads thred title*

Still short on staff eh? I suppose this is as good a time as any to offer my talents as a Cellist. (sample) Believe it or not I've been playing 5.5 years. Yeah.. recordings tend to make good sound seem less than professional. Hey, I'm around if you need me. >.>

well, something heartwrenching, preferably. It's not JUST the ballad. It's the ballad, followed by the endtheme, which is quite happy. I want something emotional, and awesome. So, I'm hoping we could put all of these instruments to good use in this song. something...experimental prog-rocky...epic...and...somewhat orchestral.

laproject_sig_final.jpg

This is the official Link's Awakening Project sig. Feel free to use it on this forum, on your personal website, or whereever you want to show others you are part of this project.

Currently, we don't have a site, but it's being taken care of. When it is complete (or it is up as a wip), please link to it using the signature above. For now, just link to this thread.

Everyone who wants can use this signature. This is the "blank" signature. People who are part of this project, please ask me to make a personal one for you. So if you want one stating "Project Mixer" or "Site Designer", just say so, and you'll get your special one. If you have other ideas for it, let me know.

Here is the link to use :

http://www.student.kuleuven.ac.be/~s0162853/laproject/laproject_sig_final.jpg

well, something heartwrenching, preferably. It's not JUST the ballad. It's the ballad, followed by the endtheme, which is quite happy. I want something emotional, and awesome. So, I'm hoping we could put all of these instruments to good use in this song. something...experimental prog-rocky...epic...and...somewhat orchestral.

well, now that you have given us such a definition as to what you want to do...do you have a song that might be similar in sound? just for a reference?

Well, as a cellist, we could definitely use you on the last track...maybe. The last track will either be awesome or terrible. heh, but I like to think, piano, violin, guitar, cello, saxophone, and electronic ambience can all get together and make sweet love... :)

Heh, you're the boss. :roll:

Also, seems that as of last week my playing ability has improved quite a bit (thanks vibrato! :)). If I'm determined/nagged enough I should be able to record something more current this weekend... I'll do the classic Tetris theme methinks..