Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening: Threshold of a Dream - History

Aetherius

Update. We (Starky) made some extra sigs, please use them accordingly.

laproject_banner_supporting_cast.jpg

This is the signature for everyone who wants to use it. As it says, it means you are no mixer and are not affiliated to the project, except you like it. In one word, you are a fan.

laproject_banner_girlmixer.jpg

This is a remixer sig for the women who are with us. Like Rexy and Monobrow.

laproject_banner_boymixer.jpg

This is for the guy-mixers our there. Simple, right.

As said before, try putting them in your signature, while linking to this thread. Aftwards, when the site is up, please link to the that.

This is the way to use it (in my case)

[url=http://www.ocremix.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=66077][img=http://www.student.kuleuven.ac.be/~s0162853/laproject/laproject_banner_supporting_cast.jpg][/url]

I thought there's already been a LA project, but maybe it was dumped. Anyhow, this is going to be a great project and I look forward to the results. More Zelda is never a bad thing. :)

If I were a remixer, I would definately want to get in on this project. But alas, I'm only just trying to learn. Maybe if I ever get good, I can start a project for some other game... *knows that will probably never happen*

*puts supporting image in sig* This project ROCKS.

Just wondering...if everyone gets done with their final versions before January 10, will you release it early or will you just give them the extra time to make sure they have everything exactly how they want it?

I thought there's already been a LA project, but maybe it was dumped. Anyhow, this is going to be a great project and I look forward to the results. More Zelda is never a bad thing. :)

If I were a remixer, I would definately want to get in on this project. But alas, I'm only just trying to learn. Maybe if I ever get good, I can start a project for some other game... *knows that will probably never happen*

*puts supporting image in sig* This project ROCKS.

Just wondering...if everyone gets done with their final versions before January 10, will you release it early or will you just give them the extra time to make sure they have everything exactly how they want it?

There WAS a Link's Awakening Project last year. I started it....but the thread died, and...almost all of the wips sucked poo-gas balloons.

Furthermore...

There is NO WAY everyone will be done before January tenth. You'll probably be waiting til at least march...

who is this haydn dude, anyways? he's not in the member listing. i tried to pm him, and came up with nothing.

Probably because it's spelt Hadyn ;)

I just found this thread, sorry I didn't get a chance to post earlier.

I was contacted by epo about joining the project, and recently I created a short demo, which I assume he passed on to you guys?

Well yeah, I'd like to be part of the project. On the other hand I live a very busy life sometimes, so if I don't get it done in time there's not much that can be done about it. I will, however, try my best to make it before all the deadlines.

Assuming you've heard my demo, I'd like to know what you thought of it?

Cheers,

~Hadyn

edit: Just noticed joker already cleared up the mistake with my name. Thanks!

Encare Relicario... Sure doesn't sound French. More like Latin or Italian if you ask me.

Agreed. Not french

actually, it's a direct translation of 'Face Shrine' into french, according to freetranslation.com...actually, i just checked it, and it's Spanish, not french. the french translation is something gay-sounding - stupid fag french.

hadyn, check your pm box.

Actually, the French translation given by this site 'faire face au sanctuaire' means 'to face the shrine' and not Face Shrine. Face Shrine would be 'Le Sanctuaire du Visage' or 'L'autel du Visage' or 'Le Temple du Visage'

that's what i figured. it didn't really make much sense in my limited amount of french i know. Eh...i like Encare Relicaro better anyways. Spanish was my first second language (if you know what i mean), so it rolls off the tongue easier for me.

and how did i know you'd respond to me saying something about the french?

maybe because of the 'stupid fag french' reference :P

i didn't even remember putting that in there...

i can't translate shrine to latin. Face is Visio, but the word 'shrine' i can't find a translation for. anyone want to try their hand at it?

edit - Or any other language. the welsh, norwegian, and finnish translations are really interesting (you have to change 'shrine' to 'temple' on a few of them, i think)

WIP day...Hmmm, well you guys already have my WIP, so bleh. If you need a link to it or anything, just let me know, I will be on later most likely. Anyway, I haven't really had a chance to work on it much lately, (deadlines for school), but when Christmas Break comes, I will have some time to finish it up.

And uh, I guess a small bump. :)

Edit: Also, I just noticed, but LA project sig is HUGE...would you guys mind if I made a smaller one, or resized that one, so it would fit in next to my Kirby Superstar Sig, just wondering. Thanks.

Monobrow : Making that sig smaller (as in : resizing the current version) would be pointless, because it wouldn't be readable. The only thing you can see then is the Link and the Zelda logo. If you look REALLY closely, maybe you could read "Link's Awakening Project". You are free to resize your own one, to make it fit next to the Milkyway Wishes one, but making a smaller one would demand too much time I don't have right now.

I based the size of the sig mainly on the Chrono Symphonic sig size. I didn't think most people would be participating in different projects, it seems I was wrong.

Furthermore, taking Latin names as Starky proposed is a good idea if you ask me. The Latin language fits somewhat in the genre restrictions he set. But then we have two possibilities : 1. Take your official song name (e.g. Face Shrine, Mr Write House), and translate it to Latin, or 2. Think of a title for your song (Lid of the Sleepers Eye, Mysterious Shizzle (lol)), and translate that to Latin.

Or we could just let everyone do as they please, obviously. I'm not the one to decide about that, however.

Bottom Line : Try to idle in our IRC Channel as much as you can people ! This is mainly directed to mixers, but everyone is welcome.