Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening: Threshold of a Dream - History

Aetherius

Once a song is complete or nears completion, the poster takes down all the files and doesn't link to the finished version. Big-shot project people can get a PM containing the file's location. Mirrors get links to the files as soon as the project is ready for release.

Simple.

Hmmm, I like your arrangement, rexy, but I feel like your piano sounds too clinky, I don't know if you can do anything about that. And, I'm hoping that you'll be doing a bit more about dynamics in the melody (I can hear dynamics in the background parts...)

Meh, keep it up.

p.s. You KNOWS I love a lot of reverb in the Rizzazz!

I appreciate the feedback Starky, even though with the way this is going the January 10 deadline may not quite fully work out :P

Still I have a few questions. When you mention something about doing more to the "dynamics" do you want me to apply a wider field of dynamics or a smaller one?

And concerning the piano sound, I kept on wondering what people mean when they say it's "clinky". Nonetheless I'm restricted to Cubase SX and not much soundfonts for it out there, and whichever I used won't seem to adapt to the sustain pedal settings, which I think is real make or break over this. Still, if you're referring to a harsh attack I can soften it a few notches pretty easily.

Again, thanks so far :)

Yeah, I meant a wider range. there are times when I think it should be quieter. For example, the faster section is all out loud, when I think it could be more subtle.

the clinkyness I'm referring to is to do with the harsh attack, yes. If possible try softening it. Sometimes, when my pianos sound too clunky, I put a filter on them that cuts out some of the highs and mids.

i just listened to shinny's wip...i've gotta say, there are a few issues but i am very much impressed. great job, shinny/shiny/whatever the heck your name is.

^^ thank you very much, well it is finished now, (shinny btw, technicly shiny, but >_< whatever) the fished should sound better

so, if you could tell me the issues, so that i could better myself, i would be very pleased ^^

i just listened to shinny's wip...i've gotta say, there are a few issues but i am very much impressed. great job, shinny/shiny/whatever the heck your name is.

^^ thank you very much, well it is finished now, (shinny btw, technicly shiny, but >_< whatever) the fished should sound better

The finished is better BTW (unless you heared it )

so, if you could tell me the issues, so that i could better myself, i would be very pleased ^^

damn you, don't post the final products!

but thanks. and i did listen to the final version, actually. now EDIT YOUR POST!

but thanks. and i did listen to the final version, actually. now EDIT YOUR POST!

._. I didn't know...I ahven't been active much

s'okay. i shouldn't have shouted. sorry =)

s'okay. i shouldn't have shouted. sorry =)

thats ok, well yours is great also ^^