Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening: Threshold of a Dream - History

Aetherius

I work from 8h00 to 7h00 pm every day of the week :(

Prophet: I've tried a couple of things for rhythm guitar, but nothing worthy of a song yet, that's probably why you haven't heard from me yet.

spc1st: I haven't touched your intro since then, but I should be able to work something out during the week.

Sorry about the delay

finally some progress.

I know some of us are unable to work on anything right now....some of you haven't even started, (bitch).

Anyway, I'm nigh on completed my remix for the SSF2T project...which means that I'll be working on my songs for THIS project finally, which means that since I procrastinated for almost 8 months, you have no excuse.

finally some progress.

I know some of us are unable to work on anything right now....some of you haven't even started, (bitch).

Anyway, I'm nigh on completed my remix for the SSF2T project...which means that I'll be working on my songs for THIS project finally, which means that since I procrastinated for almost 8 months, you have no excuse.

or, it means that you have no excuse for being the project admin and you totally let this project's interest die out because you were slacking on your work of the music.

get moving. you've got what, three songs to do? hurry up. your apathy has transfered to the rest of the people on this project.

We are all equally responsible for making all of this take so long. Except for the ones of us that are already finished :)

Speaking of which - I'm still having problems coming up with a good way to end my remix, but I have an idea. On new year's eve, I moodily plunked on the piano and improvised a pretty nice piano piece that I think would blend in nicely with a slightly edited version of my current remix.

If I was to allow a transition from where my current remix ends into something slightly different to make room for my piano song and allow it to establish itself for maybe half a minute or a little more, making a suitable ending would be a lot easier. I can assure you the mood of the song won't change much, but it would let it become a lot more melodic. I just wanted to ask you if you think introducing original material isn't appropriate - but given how close my mix has been to the source so far, I think it has plenty of room to spare for such things, but if it is in contrary to the aims of this project, I shall have to think of something else. Which means more time until I'll finish (not that it would matter much, considering how little progress many of the other remixers seems to have made so far).

We are all equally responsible for making all of this take so long. Except for the ones of us that are already finished :)

Speaking of which - I'm still having problems coming up with a good way to end my remix, but I have an idea. On new year's eve, I moodily plunked on the piano and improvised a pretty nice piano piece that I think would blend in nicely with a slightly edited version of my current remix.

If I was to allow a transition from where my current remix ends into something slightly different to make room for my piano song and allow it to establish itself for maybe half a minute or a little more, making a suitable ending would be a lot easier. I can assure you the mood of the song won't change much, but it would let it become a lot more melodic. I just wanted to ask you if you think introducing original material isn't appropriate - but given how close my mix has been to the source so far, I think it has plenty of room to spare for such things, but if it is in contrary to the aims of this project, I shall have to think of something else. Which means more time until I'll finish (not that it would matter much, considering how little progress many of the other remixers seems to have made so far).

is this piano piece that you plunked out an arrangement of the melody? or was it just something pretty? i would think that if it's an arrangement of the piece in some way, that's fine...but if it's just some pretty crap then probably you shouldn't put it in.

Well, umm, the thing is, the reason this turtle rock theme is so weird musically is that it's playing C,D,F#,G#, and then Bb,C,E,F#, back to C,D,F#,G# and then D,E,G,Bb or equivalent. No melody will fit into that kind of key. The only one that can be considered an actual chord is the D,E,G,Bb thingy... Try it on a piano and see for yourself. This is also the reason why my bass note changes from C to D near the end - it feels just as comfortable in C as in D, and this isn't a normal thing. Anyway, I'll add the piano thingy and let you hear the result and if you don't like it I'll scrap it and try something else. It's the best I can come up with right now, though. Give it a few days.

Shame. His was one of the more inventive remixes. In fact, I can't really hear the source tune in the mix, because it's hidden so well... heh.

Crap, this is not what we need. We need people joining in and finishing their songs, not quitting and leaving a WiP for us to mourn by.

I have a new WiP (#5) at the same adress as last time. This one's about a minute longer. Tell me what you think of that last minute of it and whether I should scrap that part and try something else or if I should try to polish it before releasing a final version. Also, please upload both WiP 4 and 5 to the site... I'm still on WiP 3 there. :wink:

What about me? I still haven't received any comments whatsoever on a song that's been lying about for a week and a half by now. You sure don't seem to be in a hurry for this project to reach completion. Not that commenting on my song will make much difference now that about half of the tracks are less than 50% complete 2 months after the intended final deadline. Looks like you need to find some new remixers, Aeth. I won't be quitting on you anytime soon, but if progress is going to continue to be this slow, I'm not sure this project is going to be allowed to stay on the forums.

Come on, it's your project! I can advertise our need for replacements in my sig if you want, but you really should try to do more yourself.

PM me a link to your mix, dafydd. I'm not going to go running around this thread to look for it.

For the record:

Aetherius --->Busy with school/other music

Iggy Koopa ---> computer's borked for the moment

The Prophet of Mephisto ---> done/waiting on prizm

Sixto ----> broken hand

Rexy ---> can only make music at school, or something

Fusion2004 ---> Lazy ass

Hadyn ---> Nobody knows!

Spc1st ---> Waiting on Prizm

PriZm ---> Being waited on

Dafydd ---> Apparently working on his remix

Shinny Metal ---> Wants to remix all of the songs. I say no.

chthonic ---> claims to be working

Monobrow ---> Just moved in.

The Joker ---> done, I think

Chris McGee ---> AWOL

Ichitootah ---> AWOL

KungFuChicken ---> 'busy'

Slothboy -> Might as well not be on this list

Rev. Bryant -> Same as above

Graylightning -> Probably forgot about this project

MagiNinja -> AWOL