Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening: Threshold of a Dream - History

Aetherius

you like sound blaster. what am i SUPPOSED to think is the hard part?

What are you implying?

Anyway, I think the hard part is the same part you think is hard. You described one part as "the way you normally would" and the other as "obnoxious". I wanted help with the "obnoxious" part. I'll figure it out eventually. :)

quit being lame, guys.

Dafydd, just figure it out.

Prophet, ...go find prizm.

actually, he sent me guitars yesterday. i'm recording handdrums and sax tomorrow or friday (whichever fits into the schedule) and i should have a rough wip soon. i'll be recieving the final cut of guitars next week sometime.

forgot to mention that.

• 2 weeks later...
Actually, I'm being lazy, because I'm attempting to remaster/mix my guile mix so that It'll be submittable to my satisfaction before I move on. Since there isn't a deadline for this project, all of you could have done three remixes for theree different projects already...

I work slowly.

I did, & I've never felt better in my life. With Aeth's system, you too could lose up to 1 pound in as little as 3 weeks!

Also, yeah, my tracks almost done.

Before Epo makes his post saying 'I don't update, because no one gives me the info to update with'

and then one of you posts with 'I just did that, a few posts up'

Let me paraphrase something I said a post or two ago:

Quit your bitching.

Seriously.

If you're done your song, and there's no news, then don't post at all. If something happens, I'll make a post, and then you'll see it in the 'view your posts' search results, or it'll bump itself. Meanwhile, feel free to personally bug me, if you want to know what's going on, but a million posts of 'hey, what the heck is going on with this project' followed by a bunch of bickering isn't helping this project get released.

If you realy want to help out, find us someone to design a website, and some cover art, because it appears that Eon_blue has fallen through, so to speak.

On an unrelated, but important note:

The following people (who are listed as being on the project) are...not on the project...

-Hadyn dropped out, I believe.

-Chris McGee's source file got corrupted, and then his computer died, or something.

-Graylightning has dropped out

-Ichitootah might as well be dead, which is unfortunate, since his mix was pretty good.

-I am now officially removing Fusion and Taucer's remix from the list, as...well, It sucked, and there doesn't appear to be any work being done on it. (don't worry about this though. I've got an idea for the track, and I'll do it. seriously...I will.)

The following people have different percentages done:

-Sixto is at least 50% done.

-chthonic is 99% done.

-KFC is 50% done (because he claims to be almost done, and yet I've heard NO wips from him...at all.)

-Chris McGee is 50% done, but since he might as wel be gone, I don't know what to do about that.

-Rexy is 95% done her Eagle Tower mix

The following people really should consider reworking/starting over:

-ShinnyMetal should really shave three of those unnecessary and repetitive minutes off of his track, and probably cut out that unlistenable section all together.

-Spc1st's arrangement is based almost entirely on a four note riffy thing that happens before the actual song I've asked him to remix, which is really not the point, and if there IS anything of the track he chose in that arrangement, it is too abstract, or too subtle, don't know which, but neither is good.

Now, I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings, but I'm not pulling punches. If anyone knows whether monobrow, Chris McGee, or Ichitootah is still alive, please try to get them to post thir situation in here.

If either ShinnyMetal or Spc1st has a problem with the things I've said about their songs, either because they're too lazy to start over or rework their piece. They're free to drop out, or just rework it. Either way, it will delay the project, and I'm sorry to the rest of you that I'm forcing you to wait longer for people to be able to hear your music, which seems to be what yu're all so concerned about, because I can't see any other reason why you would care so much about the status of this project's completion.

Anyhoo, I said from the beginning that I demand an appreciation for both the source tune, and the game and the palce in the game where the song comes from in the remixers. I want remixers who are connected to their songs, not remixers who think they can remix anything, and it's just another game tune to them. This is not about re-arranging, it's about paying homage to something you respect and appreciate.

SO, respect and appreciate your source tune, and do something nice with it. Don't poop on your source tune, and think 'man, this song that I've made is great.' Understand that several minutes of repetitive and boring crap isn't an homage so much as a failed attempt.

Everybody do YOUR BEST.

I'd like to see from everyone the same amount of effort and care that was put in by The Prophet, monobrow, and a few others.

I begin work on my Ballad remix today. You've all got time. Don't forget, though, that when the main tracks are done, there's still the final collaborative track.

That is all.

Your somewhat grumpy, because he slept in Leader:

Starky