Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening: Threshold of a Dream - History

Aetherius

*sobs* ok... I've tried and I've tried... and I think I got rid of the rumbling bass. If there's anything left now, it's the mastering, and I don't think I can do it much better myself than it already is. If this isn't good enough, Aeth, I don't know I can make something that is.

WiP6

Didn't we use to keep our WiP locations secret, btw?

Sounds promising.. nice ambience and then quite pleasing to the ears 3:22-3:53. With more skill it could be denser and have some more interesting arrangement ideas in the middle but keep up the good work.. to all mixers involved too.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I was hoping Monobrow would help out on my composistion. but I hope he shows up soon gah. my problem is I don't wanna have to work with it any longer, I personally hate the source material. I will have to I guess....and what is the unlistenable section?

Well I was hoping Monobrow would help out on my composistion. but I hope he shows up soon gah. my problem is I don't wanna have to work with it any longer, I personally hate the source material. I will have to I guess....and what is the unlistenable section?

if you hate it, you shouldn't have done it.

wait, isn't monobrow a chick?

well I can over come that and the other choices weren't somehing I could work with well. I forgot monobrow was a chick *dies*

well I like how it is comming out, cause it doesn't really have the same sound as the source.

so yeah..still would like to know what the unlistenable part is

does this mean you're still doing artwork?

man, i forgot this project even had a name. that was back on, like, page 15 or something. didn't prizm submit it?

oh, that said, i'm waiting on him for the final version of our song. its being mastered, and then you'll get the final. lookie here, two songs done! what else do you want?

Hi I am still alive, if that counts. I haven't really worked on my song since uh...Shinny tried to send me a guitar track over my song and I lost my mind (no offense Shinny - it just didn't look promising - your guitar and my crap just didn't seem to mix well...at all.

Anyway, I've been really busy working and all lately, but things have finally settled down enough here for me to do something. So uh, give me a few days I guess. I'm going to rework a lot of things and finish the song, hopefully.

also this is a bump

Hi I am still alive, if that counts. I haven't really worked on my song since uh...Shinny tried to send me a guitar track over my song and I lost my mind (no offense Shinny - it just didn't look promising - your guitar and my crap just didn't seem to mix well...at all.

LMAO thats alright, twas just an idea, even though it was a bad recording too >_<

are you still doing anything with mine? if not I need ta know.

No, you never did. Will you ever? :wink:

I wanted to fix the rewire thingy before posting the next wip, but I've given up on that. The tempo decrease in this song was done manually in real-time, while recording. It might be a bit too slow this time, and I got rid of too much of the bass frequencies, I'm afraid. I need to meddle with a few things before even I could call this the final version, but I've learnt a lot about using reason lately while making the sml wips, and I think I can apply that to this song as well. So, listen to WiP 7 and tell me what I should be doing with it next.

(Assuming you mean it's lacking in the high frequencies) The lo-fi is probably because I recorded via hardware instead of via software, which was the only way to get that tempo change. Anyway, we back to only EQ/mixing issues now? Is the song structure cool enough?

I'll record a more hi-fi version soon. It'll be up to you to decide whether that'll be the final version or not.