Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening: Threshold of a Dream - History

Aetherius

Is this any less lo-fi?

I reallyreallyreally like this. For most of the song I was like, "ok, this sounds real simplistic," though. That's about the only complaint I could say until you broke it down at 2:55ish.... but that didnt last long enough for my personal tastes.

It sounds great, on the whole.

The current Mabe WIP is here, by the way: http://www.mixposure.com/song.php?songid=29180

Then what do you suggest I should do before 2:55 if the current version is so boring? Should I let the piano enter the song earlier, and follow the lead as it does after the section with my own composition? Also, you didn't answer my question. Was the sound quality better this time? Sound quality was the issue last time, or no?

Oh, it's not a boring mix by any means, it's just more interesting during the piano bit.

Anyhoo, I didn't have time to listen to the new version, so I'm going to do that in a few minutes....

*insert passage of time here*

hmm, again, that reverb is still a bit more than necessary on the bass and harp. The sounds are intermingling, and it sounds just a bit too muddy.

the EQ is better...but the volume is a little too loud on the bass instrument. So, if you could lower it a bit... Not too much, now! Don't make it too low! *kicks*

I think that maybe that tom fill you've got at 1:15 could stand to be a bit louder too. Adds more power to the build up.

In your piano section, the bass drowns out the piano. This is solved by my earlier suggetsion of lower bass volume, and maybe a little bit louder on the piano, since it's actually playing the melody.

I like the way you ended it too. No problems there.

Other than that bass volume, and the potentially louder tom fill...that's about all that's separating you from here and done-ness.

Cool. I'm looking forward to completing this. It's been in the works since goddamned december '05. Which I'm sure has bothered you as well. Sorry about that.

the fact that we've been working on this project for that long (and that you've gained 300 posts since we started) is a notice that we're taking to damned long to finish this project.

does it piss anyone off that we've got no updates on our site since may 8th?

So, I'm going to do a little bit of editing nin the main post...

The main reason we're still in the wips forum, despite the fact that we APPEAR to have everything a normal project has by this time, is that we don't actually have those things, so I'm going to edit the main post to reflect that.

Also, with regards to the length of time this project has taken, It is partially my fault, and partially yours. I'm a lazy bastard. I haven't started my own remixes (largely because I was put off of remixing by the unpleasant efforts I put forth for the SSF2T project) And I haven't opened up FL in a month or two.

That said, the fact that I haven't been working on my mixes doesn't have any effect on the fact that at least 5 people who signed up for this project just plain gave up, and haven't told me yet.

Some of you are 'waiting on a better computer', And several of you can't work on music at home or at school for some stupid reason.

Another problem here, is that I have not been impressed with some of the submissions. People who showed promise, failed to follow through with something that would meet the expectations for the appropriate genre/mood, and others don't meet the quality expectations or both...

So we need replacements, or to take on more work, or to help them suck less.

Anyhoo, I've run out of time, so...

Be warned of my on-coming disinterest.