Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening: Threshold of a Dream - History

Aetherius

I say that 13 songs isn't enough to cover the full range of the project.

I also say that Shinnymetal's mix isn't so bad, apart from being 3 minutes too long, having one extremely low point, and being too repetitive.

I say spc1sts mix is alright, but as I say, it's not the song I asked him to do. He appears to have remixed a sound effect, which precedes the actual song, and then ignored the song.

That said, I will not include them 'Just because' if they aren't satisfactory. In their present states, they are not satisfactory.

I say, we do another canvas of the populace. If you know somebody who's bored, and doesn't suck, direct them to the first post of this thread.

as of right now, what songs are not covered? like, which songs that we wanted to do are not finished as of this time. i'm seriously considering just doing the rest myself to get this project finished.

no! bad prophet! bad! *Smacks with newspaper*

We don't NEEED to get the project done right away.

Anyhoo Here's the list of not-done people:

Track 1 > Legend of Zelda/Overworld Theme (5/96) ------------------ Sixto

Track 5 > Mysterious Woods (9/96) ----------------- KungFuChicken

Track 7 > Tail Cave (82/96) ----------------- Monobrow

Richard's Villa (64/96) ------------ The Prophet of Mephisto & Prizm

Track 16 > The Ballad of the Windfish (74/96) ------------ Aetherius

Here's the list of empty tracks:

Track 3 > Mabe Village (4/96) (had a few offers, nobody stuck with it)

Track 6 > Tal Tal Heights (6/96) (tensai wanted to do it, haven't heard back)

Track 10 > CatFish's Maw (75/92) (Chris MCGee must be dead, or something)

Track 14 > Inside the Egg (18/96) (Rexy and Graylightning gave up.)

Track 17 > Ballad/End Theme (<63>61/96) ------------ Possible collab of all remixers?

Here's the other tracks that are on the list, but not encouraged:

Bottle Grotto* (21/96)

Animal Village (11/96)

The Trendy/Fishing Games (2/96)<53/96>

Choose a Name (17/96)*

So, that leaves us with 10 incomplete tracks, and 4 more possible additions.

Now,I'd be willing to do a collab on 'Inside the Egg' with someone. I'm lazy getting MYSELF started, but when someone else does half the work for me, it's less of an issue...

I'd prefer you'd start working on the Windfish ballad. I'd really like to hear it. Personally, I'd prefer to remix 3/96 over 74/96, but hey.

I gave "inside the egg" a listen. Interesting, difficult song. If you want, I can produce an accurate midi of it sometime next week, if that helps you get started. That's the one thing I'm good at. I'm also a lot better at starting remixes than finishing them... :)

Why is "choose a name" on the list of possible additions? Isn't that just a cut-down version of the original zelda theme?

Also, Tal Tal Heights... I still think it would sound awesome in an Ennio Morricone style.

the purpose of the project is not to showcase "styles" it is to showcase music, and the element of sadness that is inherent in most of the music.

Eh... that wasn't my point. The sadness could well be showcased in that style. And it's not to showcase the style, it's because it'd fit in that style. It sounds like the style already, only it's using gameboy sounds instead of a trumpet and a guitar. But if you think it's a bad idea, then it certainly won't be done, at least not for the project.

Dhsu, I'd love to have you on the project.

I don't know if you read my more recent posts, but we're in a bit of a pickle over Mr. Write's theme, because Ichitootah did most of a remix of it, and it's decent, but it's not fabulous. I would rather that, with your talent available to us, you chose one of the more key songs from the game (like Mabe village, or Tal Tal Heights). Personally, I would prefer that you did Mabe Village, but if you're REALLY bent on doing Mr. Write, then go ahead.

edit: Dafydd, I don't want it done in that style because...well, it'd be really cheesey. And cheesey is not what we're going for.

Please, I've already PMed Aetherius, but I just wanted to inform everyone about it. TAL TAL MOUNTAIN RANGE IS BEING TAKEN CARE OF. I got not one, but 2 WIPs in progress (still have to decide which one to use), and my inactivity last week was because of a trip to Finland, so I apologize for my sudden absence.

if you still want production help (like i emailed and pm'd you about) then please contact me.

Just so you know I'm fully prepared to be denied, but since I don't have any current aspirations for a new mix to work on, maybe you'd like to consider an orchestral mix from me? or maybe it's too late?

I've been composing for a while now, but haven't produced a whole lot for OCR cuz my samples just plain didn't cut it.

I just upgraded my system though, and I'm pretty sure I can cut it. My current WIP is posted:

http://www.ocremix.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=89587

It's more minimalistic then I tend to do, getting used to the new system. If you want to hear something else closer to my composing style, I did a full orchestral Kid Icarus mix:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=447695

The samples suck ass so don't judge the quality. The Wild Arms mix is my current quality.

Let me know, I could probably get something done in a month or two. Less if school goes easy on me.