Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening: Threshold of a Dream - History

Aetherius

It's not ad hominem, it's me trying to give this project some elbow room in between actual progress, and the two of you questioning my motivation.

You have no prior association with this project, and no current association with it, aside from antagonizing me.

If you want to antagonize me, do it from elsewhere. Your posts hinder progress.

so, its been several months since i've heard from prizm, and he just emailed me and said it'd be several more months. i don't think prizm's ever going to mail me back.

should i have someone i know re-record his guitar parts to make them cleaner, and master it myself? or should i continue to try to email him? or should we just roll with his wip, after i clean the mastering up a bit?

hmm, well, depending on how good his original part is...

I don't know. If 'someone you know' is actually someone you have in mind, who could do it without disappearing, go for it. If not, I guess we'll opt for cleaning it up.

besides the part where i could totally synth prizm's part and no one would know thanks to a great electric guitar sampler i got the other day, there's a great guitarist in my old dorm who could do it.

Well, here's your reality check for the year:

Recently, every thing in my personal life has sucked, really hard.

As a result, I am feeling much more musical. Hurrah.

In other news/questions/accusations:

Monobrow, that's great. My offer to rework your drums for you still stands.

Dafydd, any progress on that midi?

Prophet, anything new on the guitar front?

Everybody else: where are you?

Is sixto still signed up? Cause I've seen him online, and I've only got one wip.

Didn't Dhsu and tensai want to be on the project? I haven't seen hide nor hair of them.

That is all.

It is canadian thanksgiving (the one that doesn't celebrate the massacre of a bunch of friendly indians)...(rather, the one which celebrates having food by eating excessive amounts of it, right before those ads where the kids with the flies in their eyes sing depressing songs by john lennon at us).

Anyway, if you're not busy, do something productive for the project. I will be trying to do so within the coming weeks.

Well, here's your reality check for the year:

Recently, every thing in my personal life has sucked, really hard.

As a result, I am feeling much more musical. Hurrah.

In other news/questions/accusations:

Monobrow, that's great. My offer to rework your drums for you still stands.

Dafydd, any progress on that midi?

Prophet, anything new on the guitar front?

Everybody else: where are you?

Is sixto still signed up? Cause I've seen him online, and I've only got one wip.

Didn't Dhsu and tensai want to be on the project? I haven't seen hide nor hair of them.

That is all.

It is canadian thanksgiving (the one that doesn't celebrate the massacre of a bunch of friendly indians)...(rather, the one which celebrates having food by eating excessive amounts of it, right before those ads where the kids with the flies in their eyes sing depressing songs by john lennon at us).

Anyway, if you're not busy, do something productive for the project. I will be trying to do so within the coming weeks.

:roll::roll::roll:

hmm, Joker, I still think that string in the intro (up until the beat kicks in, mostly) needs to be filtered, so that I can't hear that "*waaaaahn* I'm a string sample" sound, which gives it a kinda unpleasant edge to my ear. I'd prefer more of a "wooo" sound than a "waaahn" sound...if you get my meaning.

Otherwise...I don't think there's really any more I can say. You can keep messing with it, but I'll probably always find some issue with something, won't I?

Well, here's the MIDI - an accurate rip-off down to the 320/9th note drills... It's a step on the way for anyone who remixes it, even though it's not much fun to listen to in its own right. But hey, it's not a remix, it's a midi rip, and one as good as I can make'em.

DOWNLOAD / LISTEN

EDIT: Hey, while I'm at it, here's a first wip... What was the deal with this song, you wanted a collab, Aeth, or was this one all yours? Of course, I'm sure you'll have opinions about it either way...

DOWNLOAD / LISTEN

The distorted synths at the end are absolutely horrible, I know... does anyone have a good Scream4 preset to share with me? How do you create non-horrible distortion in Reason? Anyone? Please?