Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening: Threshold of a Dream - History

Aetherius

What kind of sample should I use, then? I found some aggressive synth. Are sawtooths better than squares, etc? What kind of original sample is best to use when distorting? I tried the "american lead" and it was much better - thanks. I think the synths could be replaced with guitars, though. That'd be nice.

if you're replacing it with guitars, then use the ovd/dist sample that's included with Reason, with the 'americanlead' or 'eazyfuzz' (or something like that) and it turns pretty good. i've got an example that i can email you, if you want.

Hmm, sorry it took me so long, dafydd.

The midi's pretty decent...

Your demo, is...well, a demo.

I'd collaborate with you on it, but it's a bit of a stretch to collaborate between Reason and Fruityloops (particularly if you're like me, and refuse to get a newer version).

If you're willing in spite of that, perhaps we can discuss the technicalities first, and then see if we can actually do anything with it.

That might be difficult. I could always try using FL instead, but I'd a complete newb there :/ I don't have to be part of this song, I made the midi for you. If you can't find someone else to do the collab with, I'd be happy to help, but the reason I made the wip was that I wanted to get my ideas out there and perhaps give you some inspiration. What version of FL are you using anyway?

First post updated.

Just so everyone knows, I begrudgingly(ish) cut Chris McGee, Spc1st, and ShinnyMetal out of the project.

It's not that I have a problem with them, I just could not accept the latter two's submissions for the project with respect to the style restrictions, or the quality.

Specifically, ShinnyMetal's was too long, too repetitive, and ultimately, he showed a lack of inclination to accept criticism or change his song.

Mcgee is unfortunately AWOL, and I 'd have liked to have kept hoping he would submit, but he's pretty much gone.

Another bump.

It occurs to me that most of the mixers attached to this project are not aware of our being moved back to general discussion.

It also appears that being moved to general discussion has caused our thread to fall to the bottom of the page within minutes...and therefore is not a positive boone.

Ah well. Newbs go read the first page.