Zelda 64 - Shop Theme Remix: Tranquil Shop Marketing

There is my remix in progress. This is the fourth version for the time being, and then I'll updating. I want to do some changes yet, but is almost ready. So just say what you think about, if it is worthy of joining the OCRemix, and if you want: give an ideas too.

Remix: http://www.myspace.com/hicky8djs/music/songs/tranquil-shop-marketing-40-beta4-29-05-2012-41-mp3-87876399

Source:

Note: If you're having trouble hearing the remix try to allow the cookies in your navigator because need to open other window to the player of myspace when you click the "play button". I'm just saying this because I met people with this problem.

I tried very hard to listen to it... can't get Flash player to work. I've had problems with Flash player before, despite updating it multiple times my computer can't find it. Blah. Any chance you could upload it to Soundcloud or Tindeck or something?

No... I don't see any problem with the audio play in Myspace, maybe the problem is with your navigator, I use the Google Chrome in various PCs and works well, try to allow the cookies in your navigator because need to open other window to the player of myspace when you click the "play button". And I not sure that myspace's audio play uses Flash Player.

If still can not hear, Ill up in sond cloud. OK!

Got it to work!

Love the source tune, love the game sounds. (and I just love that game.) Hats are too loud and unvaried. I like the direction until about 0:40, then it just seems random and directionless... I can hear the source tune but it's not doing much for me. Then at 1:14, the new melody (part b of the source) doesn't go with the backing you've got there, it needs some different chord progressions. Good start, great source selection, keep at it.

Got it to work!

Love the source tune(...)

You're right, it might work better if I use electronic synthesizers in background, and "acoustic instruments" in the foreground, intend to use the nylon guitar as the main instrument letting him present in all parts of the melody.

There is my remix in progress. This is the third version for the time being, and then I'll updating. I want to do some changes yet, but is almost ready. So just say what you think about, if it is worthy of joining the OCRemix, and if you want: give an ideas too.

Remix: http://www.myspace.com/hicky8djs/music/songs/tranquil-shop-marketing-40-beta3-23-05-2012-41-mp3-87808971

Source:

Note: If you're having trouble hearing the remix try to allow the cookies in your navigator because need to open other window to the player of myspace when you click the "play button". I'm just saying this because I met people with this problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice!

I only have two complaints:

Replace the synth at 0:50 and where ever it appears elsewhere. It sounds too off, and there are other ways you can make a synth sound airy.

Add some variation and fills to the drums! They are very stale at the moment.

Also, at 2:57 or so, when the bass came back, it all sounded very clashy and off.

Very nice!

I only have two complaints:

Replace the synth at 0:50 and where ever it appears elsewhere. It sounds too off, and there are other ways you can make a synth sound airy.

Add some variation and fills to the drums! They are very stale at the moment.

Also, at 2:57 or so, when the bass came back, it all sounded very clashy and off.

Thanks! I did not know where to move to improve the music, and I would send it to the judges, you came on time! I´ll try to do what you said.

Oh and one more thing:

Your mix stays very true to the source, which isn't bad, but you have very little original parts, if any. I suggest rewriting some sections and whatnot.

I like this mix a lot, it reminds me of the very relaxing music of Super Mario Sunshine :smile:

As such, I think an accordion counterpoint could work here, so try that.

I wanted to comment on your stereo separation, but I lost my headphones so I can't tell if it's done well or not. Alas.

Oh and one more thing:

Your mix stays very true to the source, which isn't bad, but you have very little original parts, if any. I suggest rewriting some sections and whatnot.

I like this mix a lot, it reminds me of the very relaxing music of Super Mario Sunshine :smile:

As such, I think an accordion counterpoint could work here, so try that.

I wanted to comment on your stereo separation, but I lost my headphones so I can't tell if it's done well or not. Alas.

Actualy i like to be true to the original composition.

I Work with tiny earphones not the pro earphones, because i think it provides a sound experience more complete. About the estereo I leave estable in sides not much shifting or switching.

I'm not sure about what you mean about the accordion, sorry. So, you want that me use the accordion or not?

This is a very unconventional remix. The SFX bring a nice touch to the overall mix. The synthesizers sound... odd. I think they work for the track, but it does give an eery tone. A good example is the high-pitched pad/noise around 2:30.

The guitar and drums sound very MIDI like. I'm not there's much you can do about the guitar - It kind of fits in a way. I think my issue with the percussion is the lack of dynamic range and the snare drum. Unfortunately, percussion is my weakness, so I'm not too sure what to recommend.

I suppose my gripe with the track is that there are so many elements that shouldn't work, yet they do in a very off-putting way. And it kind of works.

This is a very unconventional remix. The SFX bring a nice touch to the overall mix. The synthesizers sound... odd. I think they work for the track, but it does give an eery tone. A good example is the high-pitched pad/noise around 2:30.

The guitar and drums sound very MIDI like. I'm not there's much you can do about the guitar - It kind of fits in a way. I think my issue with the percussion is the lack of dynamic range and the snare drum. Unfortunately, percussion is my weakness, so I'm not too sure what to recommend.

I suppose my gripe with the track is that there are so many elements that shouldn't work, yet they do in a very off-putting way. And it kind of works.

You know how hard is to sequence guitar? to improve this only with a real acoustic guitar, and i don't know play.

Seems like you basically electronic music with synthesizers that do not simulate real instruments, because you were the one who liked synth at 2:30.

And I agree with the guy that should improve the drums, but in sequence, not in the samples. The music sound have quality, and can not be compared with MIDI at all.