banana in this already trippy world and sends DK's mind into a much

more distorted perspective of the jungle (2:43). Eventually, his mind

clears and he comes back to reality. ***0 illegal drugs were used for

the inspiration and creation of this remix***

I wanted to submit a new kind of track (compared to my Dire Dire Docks

submission which is still in the works!) and this glitch-hop 100bpm

genre has been what I've been listening to and liking recently. The

little melodies in many of these DKLand tracks are so clever and I

hope to make people aware of that with this remix.

Thanks OCR!

• 1 month later...

This is really awesome, but that snare is completely weak and underwhelming for a good deal of the song.

I love the arrangement and pretty much everything else, though I think the leads could use a touch of stereo delay to sweeten the sound a bit.

I do think the snare is problematic enough to warrant a resub, but I think swapping it out for something beefy would be a straight up YES from me, and the other judges may not care as much. :-)

No, please resub that snare

This is a completely fun arrangement, and I really enjoyed how you worked with things here. All the glitching is used very well, and nothing feels like it's being used as a gimmick, but as an integral part of the piece.

I can see what Andrew is saying about the snare, but it's not bothering me as much. I'm definitely good for giving this a pass, but I might adjust my vote to get this back to you if overs are favoring the other side.

YES

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cute arrangement. Though the snare is one of those classic drum machine sounds, it did have some body to it, and in general, the song balance was good. Maybe a little unusual hearing dubstep elements with such dinky percussion, but this wasn't trying to be a club banger and I thought the percussion worked fine.

What was tougher to me was deciding if this was too liberal. There's only a few sections where the source is used explicitly (0:47-0:58, 1:45-2:04, 2:24-2:35, 3:21-3:40) and then some bits and pieces of the melody interspliced with wubs. The chords are used nearly throughout though and I think with pieces of melody sprinkled in, it probably just has enough source to remain dominant. Definitely skirts the edge and I wouldn't be surprised to see someone can this for being too liberal.

YES (borderline)

Lol at the video idea. I can totally see it. On to the mix! Just to start off with what OA said, I'd say both the kick and snare are pretty weak personally, altho the snare is noticeably weak as OA said. However, I do think that he might have overcompensated based on how solid the rest of the song is. Everything is mixed well, and the sounds all work cohesively imo, even if the sounds generally are a little bland/vanilla,. The arrangement is also pretty sweet, I love all the glitchy sections, and zomg more dubstep.

Yeah this is good, the drums are a bit of an issue, but everything else puts this over the bar imo.

YES