Contra Hard Corps: Uprising

Mak Eightman

Well, yeah. For some reason this game made me sad.

It looks like "Metal Slug" cover. Game speed even lower then Metal Slug's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf2XFtPc2es&feature=related

Some weird chars...

wtf? Bahamut? He was a good guy? Krystal? She remind me someone else. Samurai chick? Twisted hair blond biker... Is that Fang?

Still, I liked the opening

Overall, I'm sad. Toooooo anime-like(i like it but it's to Guilty Gearish). Looks like mixture of Batman, guilty gear and any anime from 80's.

Soundtrack... Whyyyy? Why same old Contra covers, why Daisuke Ishiwatari?? Whyyyy? Not saying I don't like GG ost. But pleas..

NOT for HARD CORPS!

One good thing(probably) is the storyline. Not sure it much related to original series, still something.

What do you think? Am I simple hater or this is NOT "Hard Corps"?! Not anymore...

sorry for my english

I bought this game when it came out last year and absolutely love it. I never played Hard Corps specifically before, but I loved playing all the original Contra games on NES. This reminds me of them a lot, with just the overall anime art style. The game and the music totally rocks tho. Nothing beats an old school, 2d, hard as hell side scrolling shooter.

Any game that can be compared to Metal Slug is A-okay in my book, considering Metal Slug is one of the greatest shooters ever made. This game is amazing and Daisuke Ishiwatari's music fits the Contra universe like a glove (of course I may be biased since he's one of my top 5 favorite guitarists of all time). There's only two original Contra music covers in the entire game, and one is only accessible with the Konami code so you never have to hear it if you don't want to, so I'm not sure what the big deal about that is. I like Contra: Hard Corps, but Uprising seems to be kind of distancing itself from it (notice the lack of the word "Contra" in the title) so it has a bit of a different, Guilty Gear-esque style that I like a lot.

Now if only the game weren't so balls-out hard...

If you need an answer as to why this is so different from the original Hard Corps and from Contra in general, Yamamoto explains in that interview:

The game is really inspired by Contra: Hard Corps. Many Contra fans realize Contra: Hard Corps is a little bit far from the regular Contra franchise. Since we’re going to link it to Contra: Hard Corps we could make this into a brand new franchise.

Fair. If you never played original. Well, looks like i'm simple hater.

nah, it's fine if you don't like it. I personally can take it at face value, but if it was a brand new series, it has a lot of great things going for it. Cool, colorful art, great music, challenging gameplay.

I do appreciate you sharing this so I know about it and can buy it now.

... a brand new series, it has a lot of great things going for it. Cool, colorful art, great music, challenging gameplay.

Thats why I said: "FAIR":<

Yamamoto's words made some sense to this "remake". Thanks Kyle!

As I said before: "I'm sad". Hoping for aggressive-heavy-electronic-metal ost, mecha-cyberpunk hardcore battle madness, I get "Batmanty Slear".

... this is NOT "Hard Corps"?!
Not anymore:razz: