OCR01430 - *YES* Legend of Zelda 3 'A Link to the Piano'

djpretzel

Email sub file Zelda_3_A_Link_To_The_Piano_OC_ReMix.mp3

Wow, I feel stupid! I submited this about a month ago but I didn't attach the file. HERE: It's attached. Sorry for the trouble.

Heres the stuff:

Remixer: Zoola

Songs remixed: uh... opening theme, demonstration song, light world dungeon, gannon's message, zelda's lullaby, and a bit of the main theme.

Genre: Piano solo. Live, you could say, with a little mastering.

Thanks, and sorry for the inconvenience.

Zoola (John Torkington)

http://snesmusic.org/spcsets/loz3.rsn - "Title" (loz3-01.spc) [:01-:28], "Opening Demo" (loz3-02.spc) [:29-1:43], "Sanctuary Dungeon" (loz3-15.spc) [1:44-2:47], "Ganon's Message" (loz3-27.spc) [2:48-3:06], "Princess Zelda's Rescue" (loz3-22.spc) [3:22-4:25] & "Overworld" (loz3-04.spc) [4:44-5:07]

Well, well, well, sounds like a pretty sweet solo piano medley. Thanks for listing off all of the source tunes you used, by the way. The adaptation to solo piano was fairly straightforward but undeniably stylish, and the transitions were short but at the same time not rushed or sloppy-sounding. Delicate, flowy, and all that beautiful stuff. The volume could have used a boost.

I have to say that the transition at 2:42 from "Sanctuary Dungeon" to "Ganon's Message" was great. Out of the bevy of source tunes involved, I was particularly impressed by the arrangement of "Princess Zelda's Rescue" into a subtle, melancholy feel. The whole package was well put together and set a good mood. And, as our community is full of overly enthusiastic fans, I expect someone in the ReView thread to note how they cried to this. :lol: Great work, John, I'm definitely looking forward to whatever else you've got on the plate.

YES

I’ve thought a lot about this mix. Listening casually this mix is amazingly expressive, soothing and unimposing in all the right ways. A careful listen however reveals that this mix is expressive, soothing, unimposing but really quiet ;). Honestly though, I think there is too large a disparity in volume between the loudest sections and the quietest sections. That’s not too terrible a transgression considering all that there is to like about this mix.

The selection and composition of source material is a real highlight. The themes are made to flow seamlessly together and the arrangement, though conservative in spots, is creative. The performance is generally nice as well. My largest gripe there is that the accented chords during 0:47-1:19 are a bit harsh and jerky. The second part of “opening demo” from 1:20-1:43 is handled much better. Nice resolution with the epic overworld theme.

Good production and performance plus great composition equals

YES