need a bit of legal advice

He's using a trademark in his domain name, as his business name, and as an artist name. It would be a pretty easy case for the clothing company to win. Nothing that the clothing company is doing is unreasonable. They have a trademark and they're protecting it - it's not like "Mike Row Soft" where it's just phonetic, but it literally uses the exact same made-up word that was trademarked. That word is distinct enough that it can be easily protected. It doesn't matter that Brad isn't in the same industry or isn't (necessarily) making money. Like I'll be honest, once I have my trademark for zircon 100% registered (it's been sent off), if I see the "zircon" metal band get high in the search rankings I'd probably ask them to change their name.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zircon

I'll go tell the rocks on the hill that they can expect lawsuits unless they purge every trace of zircon from them. :lmassoff:

Surprised no one mentioned Apple Corps v. Apple Computer (or maybe you did and I skimmed over it). I know it isn't 100% parallel but is a pretty good example of why it doesn't matter that Brad and the clothing company aren't in the same industry.