Lavender Town Remix - Remixer needed.

I think I' right in assuming that plenty of us here love the original pokemon games. Me too. So I ended up writing my own lyrics to the Lavender Town theme song. Unfortunately, the source material is not conducive to vocal accompaniment for obvious reasons, so I had the great idea to make a mix for the song!

Then I remembered I can't compose.

So I'm posting here in the hopes that someone can help me out here. MangaMan is also on board. I really don't have a vision for the accompaniment other than it needs to sound creepy as hell to match my lyrics, so if you're interested, send me a PM and we can talk about mixing it up. The lyrics are as follows:

Welcome, Welcome

To the town of Sorrows

Have you come to

Say hello to old friends?

Lavender, Lavender

Such a lovely, sweet scent

Wafts around us

Comforting the ill heart

Here they lie now

Bodies rest below you

Friends, companions

Find eternal slumber

Rain falls slowly

Sky grows darker

In the distance

Stormclouds shed their cold tears

Lavender, Lavender

Such a gentle color

Soothing, ghostly

Color of the dead

Here they rise now

Say hello to old friends

They have missed you

Endless years of waiting

Lavender, Lavender

We won't be forgotten

You will join us

You'll always remember

I'm feeling creepy as being a weird industrial-ish sound. Similar to Reptile by Nine Inch Nails.

Is this what you're thinking? I'd love to help if you want me on board.

Industrial is a good genre possibility, but definitely on the quieter side. I have this scene in my head of a trainer kneeling in front of a grave, and a ghost disguised as an old man comes up behind him and this is what he is saying to the trainer. Maybe a crescendo or accelerando near the end, but definitely on the subtle side until the "reveal."

So more of a subtle reference to Industrial with a main fore front in Post Rock? :/

That's all I can think of right now.

Possibly. I'd need to hear a WIP to get a better understanding of what you had in mind. Maybe something like Rammstein's Ohne Dich or Ein Lied, if you want an Industrial reference. Even Spiel Mit Mir or Klavier. (Sorry, Rammstein is the only Industrial band I'm intimately familiar with)

duuuuude.... that is a freaky coincidence. i'm working on a somber lavender town remix too and it's similar to ITTCT

the way you're describing it kind of seems like this, no?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs6HzS2PYz8&feature=related

yo, we should both totally have tiny cameos in eachother's mixes and submit it at the same time.:mrgreen: