PRC220 - Reconstructing the Main Theme (Portal 2)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 220

PRCv9-12

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

Sggod89 was last rounds album special winner. Two songs where submitted, and his song is selected by DusK and DjMokram as contest winner. This round is regular again.

This round's source is selected by Sggod89:

Took me awhile, but I found a suitable source. Finding MIDIs for newer games is a challenge but luckily this one existed. Really fun and original game, not to mention some really cool music from Portal 2.

/Ira

Sources

MIDI: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13351556/Portal%202%20-%20Reconstructing%20Science.mid

PRC220.jpg

Source: Portal 2 (PC) - Reconstructing Science (Main Theme)

MID

Wikipedia

ThaSauce link: Click here to submit.

When you are not able to login, don't click on the 'click here to submit an entry' button, but click on the 'you are not logged in' button on the right top of the screen. Perhaps using Firefox or Google Chrome works as well.

GOOD LUCK!

PRC instructions

1. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 6 MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed (only as Bonus Mixes).
  2. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by MONDAY JUNE 11th 2012 at 1:59 pm ThaSauce time: check my signature (below) or the ThaSauce page for the exact time left.
  3. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix. You can post it in the thread if that doesn't work.
  4. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  5. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  6. The winner of last round can take part by submitting a bonus mix, but he cannot win the round and get any votes.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

Got my bonus remix finished in Guitar Pro woot! Time for production! And apparently, my friend wants to lay down some vocals :wink: that should be interesting.

It's a fun source to work with so I hope to see some superb remixes from you guys

I have a track, but can only submit very close to the deadline.. hopefully I'll make it in time. :)

--Eino

I extend the deadline with three hours (because that works better for me), so you have a little more time to finish it.

EDIT: I see you already uploaded it. Still extended with three hours.

Welcome to the voting stage

The mixing stage is over. 4 entries and 1 bonus track are submitted.

To vote, do the following:

- Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries

- Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen.

- Fill in the rank of the entries from first to third.

- State a reasoning for it.

- Participants are encouraged to vote. They aren't allowed to vote for themselve, but they receive an added first place if they vote.

- Do not vote for Sggod89's song (Anywhere But Here).

Sggod89 has a vote that counts twice.

You have until NEXT Wednesday, June 13th at 10:59 am ThaSauce time to vote, check my signature in the first post or simply the ThaSauce page for the exact time you have. It's longer as usual

The winner gets the right to choose the source tune for PRC221.

When you aren't able to log-in, click the You are not logged in button at the top right of the page instead of the Log in to Vote button below.

The songs:

Check the ThaSauce Page:

Close, nice! Thanks for the feedback, all! I think two things about my track: the leads are a little noodly, and I should a bit more effort to creating/emphasizing melodic hooks. Probably more so, I could afford to stretch the structure a bit more. The changes come quite quickly - the track is only under three minutes long, with the intro already taking a good part of the track. I could use a bit more of the source to fill things up when I make the track longer. I'll certainly keep working on this one!

--Eino

It's results time.

I forgot to post this yesterday, but I edited the votes before, so the end results were correct already on ThaSauce. Even the new source is already selected. Reason for the late announcement: the dramatic EK match between The Netherlands and Germany (1-2).:lmassoff:

Total number of mixes - 4 + 1 Bonus

Total number of votes - 6

Maximum Score - 21.

Sggod89 did a bonus mix, he could not win and receive any votes.

Trism did a good mix and received several points, but he still gets the last place wooden spoon. with 9 points.

Zerothemaster managed to get his song in the third position with 12 points.

Evktalo was close to win, but he must be satisfied with second place, and 16 points.

And the #1 is OneUp with 17 points.

Congratulations OneUp, you are the winner. It was a very close, only one points difference.

I don't have to tell you how to submit a source because you already did.

You can find the votes with comments here:

http://compo.thasauce.net/votes/index/PRC218