Assassin's Creed 3

mickomoo

• 4 months later...

Bringing back this thread considering we're about 2 weeks away. Definitely going to get this, I'm currently playing through the first Assassin's Creed, and will be pre-ordering this very soon to get the extra mission. The gameplay looks awesome, and a game set during the Revolutionary War is pretty sweet.

• 4 months later...

Bumping this up from way back.

I just beat the main story last night, though, so I wanted to see what everyone thought. I don't want to start a flame war, but I am very disappointed with this game. I LOVED AC2, Brotherhood, and Revelations, and even liked AC1 a lot better than it seems most did. I had some real issues with this one, though. For starters, the game is just way too damned buggy. I'm sorry, it's horseshit to release a hugely anticipated game that bugs out all of the frickin' time, yearly/holiday release dates be damned. In the words of Miyamoto, a delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever. I'll grant it's a little different now that they can release patches, but I'm still watching horses get stuck in fences. WTF, Ubisoft?

That having been said, there were many things this game did very well. The frontier is beautiful and fun, there is copious amounts of stuff to do, and the naval battles are terrific. I'm just a sucker for polish, and this game is sorely lacking in that area.

The game is very buggy and glitchy, but I also enjoyed a lot of it. Building up the Homestead, the combat system, hell even the naval battles were really great.

I just played the first episode of The Tyranny of King Washington, and despite the "alternate universe" premise, it is actually a canonical continuation of Connor's storyline. If you enjoyed that, I recommend checking it out. It also adds some new gameplay elements, like the Wolf Cloak and Wolf Pack.