Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2

Global-Trance

I loved the first one. I wasn't sure why people hated the first one just because it wasn't 2D Metroidvania or because there wasn't some nostalgic music or whatever ruffles your jammies.

Anyways, Dracula returns, totally in his prime. Nice to see him doing more than just sitting high and mighty in that chair of his.

Lords of Shadow was brilliant. I played God of War 3 sometime after finishing it and didn't think it was anywhere near as good as LoS; it annoyed me how people kept calling it a clone.

This trailer is so awesome though and Oscar Araujo's music blows my mind, I'm just as excited about the soundtrack as I am the game. The E3 trailer for the first LoS had me really excited and I this just did that all over again.

As Johnny 5 would say, need more input!

What the fuck is this, with Castlevania having mechs and shit made out of wood, this is supposed to be medieval Europe and they got mutherfuckers in some Gundam Wing looking shit up in here

I love Youtube comments, I really do.

Whelp, that's it, I'm done.

The real question is, who the hell is the player going to play as? Because no way in hell are we going to be allowed to control that guy.

"The official website reveals where the story picks up: as a weakened Dracula, "yearning for release from his immortal bonds," you go in search of your old powers, in order to stop a "new and powerful threat." So it's like a reverse Simon's Quest."

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/06/01/drac-is-back-in-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-media/

Anyways, Dracula returns, totally in his prime. Nice to see him doing more than just sitting high and mighty in that chair of his.

I would say that LoS is a prequel to the series and the origin of Dracula, I am more interested in how they are going to tie in the belmont clan and the vampire killer

Simmer down there, Chern O_o

Lords of Shadow didn't impress me, and yes, for the reasons GT mentioned. The music especially discouraged me, because in my opinion, it was bland theatrical background noise that for the most part was not memorable at all and didn't stand out in the least. (except for a few, like "Belmont's Theme") I'm really hoping Arajou takes a few pages from the various Japanese composers of not only past CV games, but in general, to help make the music a bit more melodic and something that stands on its own.

That being said, I am interested in the story of LoS2 and Mirror or Fate. Gabriel was just a tragic character, moreso than the original Dracula in my opinion, so I've kinda got a soft spot for him and the potential story. We'll see where it goes.

I'm not optimistic, but I'm not completely shooting it down either. I just hope some stuff has changed.

I really don't like the mirror of fate is going to be exclusive to the 3DS, I like the bridging idea but since I don't have a 3DS, i get to miss out or read plot summaries to catch what I end up missing

watch the Let's Play on youtube when someone makes one.

Its not as good in any way as playing the game, but it has saved me a collective 800 dollars so far waiting for Kingdom Hearts 3 to come out while staying up to speed on what the HOLY FUCK WHATS AN UNVERSED XEHANORT AGAIN HOW THE is going on in the universe.