WAV/FLAC OC ReMixes request!

Liontamer

Thank you. Good to know! Hopefully I provided at least half a percent of influence of ideas or anything. Yeah unluckily there was much mentality pre-2010 or so, for me anyway (even me?), of not wanting to use up so much space exporting one's projects to lossless, in addition to the sometimes naturally blind belief that it can be done later.

• 3 years later...
On 2/7/2023 at 3:27 PM, bobsmith19 said:

Liontamer, any news on those wav files?  Thanks!

I forgot about those, didn't I? I just asked @djpretzel what would be the best way for me to go about getting him all those WAVs, so I think we should be able to take care of it soon (let's say by Q2 2023). Not sure what format this would be (e.g. offering individual downloads, hosting a torrent), but thank you for resurrecting the discussion, since that was always in the eventual plans!

• 1 month later...

Really good ambition.

I always wanted to bring my whole MP3 collection on a uniform level with an audio bitrate of 192 kbit/s, which might offer the best relation between sound quality and lost disk space.
At least I can often hear clear differences between 128 kbit/s and 192kbit/s - but no more clear differences between 192 kbit/s and 320 kbit/s or even lossless audio formats.

I wondered that I had quite a lot of remixes from a high-quality platform like OCR with audio bitrates of just 128 kbit/s in my MP3 collections.
But I guess these MP3s were direct downloads from OCR from times where they might have had to save some space, bandwidth and costs back then (don't really know how this stuff works when creating such a large platform).

But my big question is (since I had also converted some YouTube streams of newer OCR remixes to MP3s with audio bitrates of 192 kbit/s):

Do the official OCR remixes uploaded on Youtube have been uploaded with a higher bitrate than 128 kbit/s (just because they mostly sounded better than just the 128 kbit/s direct downloads on OCR)?

• 11 months later...
On 3/11/2024 at 2:55 AM, Mark Vera said:

Is this project on going? Was just doing name searching and noticed this request for wav/flac. My Star Control 2 remixes are in Bandcamp and Soundcloud, others in my backups.

I grabbed your Star Control II tracks fro your Bandcamp album. (Thank you!) Would it be a problem to host WAVs of your Laser Squad and Wizardry arrangements (if available)?

9 minutes ago, Liontamer said:

I grabbed your Star Control II tracks fro your Bandcamp album. (Thank you!) Would it be a problem to host WAVs of your Laser Squad and Wizardry arrangements (if available)?

I'm not totally sure about right place. Maybe SoundCloud, Laser Squad is already there (without the flac download). Bandcamp has the problem that you cannot fully close the purchase option and technically cover would need a license. Star Control was little bit special as they were labelled as Creative Commons originally with permissions from original composers.

Just now, Mark Vera said:

I'm not totally sure about right place. Maybe SoundCloud, Laser Squad is already there (without the flac download). Bandcamp has the problem that you cannot fully close the purchase option and technically cover would need a license. Star Control was little bit special as they were labelled as Creative Commons originally with permissions from original composers.

DMs or Google Drive links are always fine.