Submission for League of Legends rock contest

This is a submission for the "Song of Summoners" contest for League of Legends. The concept is to create a rock track about your favorite champ, and this track is about a vampire of some sort. To be honest, I am basically in the mastering stage right now, but I really want to get some feedback on the track in general from OCR's community. Thanks all!

stats.png

Alright I know that posting an original work in the Remix thread is super taboo. I am submitting this track for an international contest to create a rock track about a champion from League of Legends (this track being about a vampire), and I know there are some awesome ears on this forum that can give it to me straight about the quality of the track (HewhoisIam, Rozovian and such). If this track should happen to place in the contest, I'm hoping that OCR might accept it as an honorary thing, but I am probably stretching :tomatoface:. Anyways, hope to get some good feedback, as final submission isn't until 6/24. Thanks!

stats.png

As much as I hate that game, You gotta love this mix.

Some very catchy riffs throughout but I think the rhythm guitar could be brought up quite a bit. Since it's not used all the way through the mix I'm guessing you want the strings and organ to carry much of the weight of the song so a short but very overt rhythm guitar section might be great for some contrast. Maybe kick it up just a bit the first time, then when it's sustained, bring it up a little further.

Here's another idea to play with. When the organ comes in on the last half, bring the lead guitar further to the background and kind have the licks "float" around the organ, then bring the guitar back to center for the big ending.

Good luck on the competition.

The only thing I can say is...

Crap looks like the competition for the league of legends rock contest will be fiercer than I thought.

Damn good track, though where is your bass frequencies? They aren't supremely necessary, but they seem to be taking SUCH a back seat to everything else. I'd like some more bass from that kick drum as well.

I think the drums could just come up in general.

That's really what I noticed the most. Good luck, may the best guitarist win (that's totally you btw)

You guys are awesome, as expected. First, I will apologize to DarkeSword for posting where I shouldn't. I'll admit that I did it on purpose because I know that better ears are on the "remix" thread and the originals does not get as much attention. Still, no excuses, just sorry. To address the low end problem, this track has some serious bottom, but I think it's below 100 Hz, so chances are it's not heard without a sub. I do agree that there is a hole in the low mid range, and I think I may have worked that in. The kick in my honest opinion is perfect, and I don't even know how I got such a sound. I can clearly hear the hits on headphones, but with a sub it's totally slamming. Garpocalypse, I think it's so funny that you and I had the same mindset about changes. I had the rhythm guitars higher in the mix earlier, but they became a little cloudy and overwhelming very quickly, so I tried to find a nice little nitch to tuck them in, and I think it's pretty solid. As far as the guitars in the heavy organ breakdown section, I tried exactly what you were saying, but they sounded less "floaty" and more "phasey", probably due to the verb and delay effects on the tracks :-|. Cyril, dude let me hear your track. I'd be glad to offer an audio critique. And you're a posted Remixer on OCR, much more than me lol. As long as Sixto doesn't enter, I think we may have a chance:!:

So without further ado, here is a link to very slightly touched up track, mostly eq and such. Thanks guys!

stats.png

As long as Sixto doesn't enter, I think we may have a chance:!:

I think you misspelled 'Prince of Darkness' up there, buddy. :wink:

Well, my commentary on this one would be that the guitar tone is nice and clear, for the most part (especially the leads, which I enjoy quite a bit). The guitars and strings are hitting the peaks a little bit too much for my tastes, though - I'm hearing some popping from time to time that's distracting from the rest of the track. Spending a little time with the mixing would do this track wonders.

Some of the synths and instruments are a little weak (that female choir, for example, is very thin - could use a lower voice to give it meat, or something). The drums are a little hard to hear in this one, too - moar bass drum would be pretty beneficial to this one. Moar bass overall, actually, would be great - there's a distinct lack of bass in this track.

The arrangement and guitar work, though, is spot on, and that's the real important part of something like this. It's fun to listen to as is - hopefully with a few of the fixes I've suggested you can make this track unstoppable, Sixto be damned.

Sixto sold his soul to the devil to create the best tracks, we all know that :wink:

I'm so curious about the pops and clicks you hear, because as an audio engineer myself, I would never allow such a thing on my tracks. I actually had to re-upload a YouTube post because of clipping. And now I hear it again with the kick and the bass for the track. I thought I had it down solid (if not a bit overwhelming), and here you are the 4th person to mention it. I of course am hoping you clicked the most recent rendition of the track. I had upped both drums and bass for my final draft....Urrrgh.

I guess I was more or less hoping to hear the parts where the arrangement was good and the leads really shined, without the other parts:sad:. I guess I will just hope the judge panel is not as observant as you. Thanks again for taking the time to review an original. Super helpful!