Skipping Along - Pop/Electronic/Chiptune

ad.mixx

A piece I did back around February or March, now with a few production upgrades. I was going for something happy/cute, and I think I was influenced by a lot of songs you might here for the OP's/ED's in some slice of life anime. Then the whole song kind of gets trippy towards the end. Probably one of my favorite original songs in terms of arrangement / melody.

This is also my longest song ever, so that's something cool I guess.

Box: https://www.box.com/s/qhfu5hbfskog0z66239m

Youtube:

Please comment/critique/whatever. I'd like to hear your thoughts in case I do stuff like this in the future. : D

This sounds pretty good, like most of the sounds, the progression and melodies, and the drums sound very clear and well used. I do wonder about one of the melodies hiding away in the background for most of the song though - when it first came in I wondered if it was slightly off key and although it seems to make more sense as it goes on I wonder if it's necessary. I'm talking about the one that fades in around 1.03 before the xylophone-like melody joins it. Is it there to provide a contrast to the lead?

That's very nitpicky of me though, otherwise this is great!

It was there more to kind of fill in space, it didn't really come to mind to change it up during the song, I just kind of let it loop throughout the song.

In my mind it was kind of acting like a bassline in a sense, since the song itself doesn't really have bass except for the arpeggio and the kick. It just wasn't really in the bass frequency range :P

That was kind of my thought process - it was used more to fill out space though. And I thought it was catchy.

Thanks for the comments :P

You can find the picture here Thin King

http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=836697