OCR @ Otakon 2012! (Sat., July 28, 12-1PM, Panel 6)

Liontamer

Otakon 2012

July 27-29, 2012

Baltimore, MD - Baltimore Convention Center

http://otakon.com

OC ReMix: Punching You in the FACE with VIDEO GAME MUSIC!!!

Panel 6

Saturday, July 28, 12 NOON

Hilton Baltimore hotel (across the skybridge connected to the Baltimore Convention Center)

What should we do for our panel? If you're gonna be there, give us suggestions!

I'm not gonna be there but my only suggestion as far as OCR Panels is to spend slightly less time explaining what OCR is, because there will be a ton of people from OCR who already know, so going less indepth and just hitting the crucial bullet points, then moving on into the totally awesome stuff, would probably be more of an edge-of-your-seat experience. In other words, a few sentences about OCR, then straight to the Cheetahmen II.

I'm not gonna be there but my only suggestion as far as OCR Panels is to spend slightly less time explaining what OCR is, because there will be a ton of people from OCR who already know, so going less indepth and just hitting the crucial bullet points, then moving on into the totally awesome stuff, would probably be more of an edge-of-your-seat experience. In other words, a few sentences about OCR, then straight to the Cheetahmen II.

That makes more sense with MAGfest, but we actually get a pretty decent crowd who doesn't know what OCR is at Otakon.

Definitely excited to go, even though I'll most likely be missing the panel itself!

I went last year, gave a good "fuck yeah" with my friend Gavin when Sound Of Speed and Back in Blue was shown on the screen. I wish I could go this year, but rooming and money just don't agree with me :c

And I agree with Brandon, pretty much just paraphrase the mission statement and explain a little about OCR/the staff, and get right away to new releases/guess that remix/Q&A (I remember last year the panel ended right when Q&A started).

For the first year I'm seriously debating whether or not to go (note: I've been to Otakon every year since 2003). The cost is just getting so high and with only, say, two things that I'm even interested in (the OCR panel and Artists' Alley -- would've been 3 if OCAD were there) it's hard to justify it.

I may still go, but if I decide -not- to go to Otakon itself then I'll definitely go to the concert. KF

Hey guys! Larry, maybe you can add this info to your post:

I got in touch with the box office to see if we could arrange for a group discount, and they have reserved a block of 30 seats for us at the cheapest price point, in the first 5 rows of the balcony section. It would normally be $38/ticket, but they're giving us a 20% discount *and* waiving the $4 processing fee, so it's now ***$30/ticket*** (saving everyone $12)! If you'd like to get in on the group rate & seating, please post here or on my Facebook note.

I need to give them our final number by next Thursday, June 28th, when I will be making one large payment for the whole group. Andy and I will have to collect $30 from each of you in person that weekend -- or you can mail us your payment in advance. If you miss the deadline, you can probably still score tickets to the concert, just not as part of the group.

Anyway, it should be fun times! Hope you can make it! :)

Well, I'm going for a few reasons:

1. OCR panel and any other panel that I know people working on

2. Artists Alley

3. Hang out with peeps

I figure, if I'm going to be up in Baltimore for the concert, I might as well go to the con for at least a day. I don't get out of the house that often anyway.

Jill, I responded to the facebook post.

I'll try to decide by the end of the week. My July schedule has suddenly been freed up, and want to attend somehow (at least to the concert).

Two questions:

1. If I'm not that into anime or Japanese things in general, what do you suggest I do (either in advance or at Otakon) so that I don't get bored/look like a fool?

2. Should I stay at a hotel/house in Baltimore or commute back and forth everyday from DC? My budget is really limited after buying the tickets and getting to/from Baltimore.

So I've made a decision. For the first time in 9 years I won't be going to Otakon. The cost is just getting so high, there're only two things I'd really want to do, and it's during Ramadan so I don't want to deal with the crowds and waiting in lines while fasting.

However, I will 100% be going to the concert, and I'm totally looking forward to that. We should make a night of it or something: the concert, then dinner at the harbor, etc. Jill, I already posted on the Facebook thing that both me and Jenner are going, so count us in.

1. If I'm not that into anime or Japanese things in general, what do you suggest I do (either in advance or at Otakon) so that I don't get bored/look like a fool?

2. Should I stay at a hotel/house in Baltimore or commute back and forth everyday from DC? My budget is really limited after buying the tickets and getting to/from Baltimore.

1. Find out who else is going and hang out with them. There's stuff to do (video game room, panels, etc.) but it's way more fun with friends. (There's also the alternative I'm opting for, which is not going...)

2. Depends on how you'd commute. Driving in each day isn't too bad (it's an hour+ trip, and the gas costs way less than a hotel). Mass transit is rough though: it'd take 2-3 hours and you'd have to leave early each day. KF

• 4 weeks later...

Nice going Shaggy! I heard on Nitro Game Injection via Larry that you all did great together, and from what I saw you all nailed it :D

For the record, I provided the video footage to accompany OA, Amy, Stevo and Deia's Chrono Cross performance; was a great thing to work with and am glad to see it get paid off :)