OCR02446 - NiGHTS into dreams... "The Desert Had a Strange Dream"

This is one of a very small number of remixes that I freaking love while having never heard the source track. I've known Dj Mokram works wonders with world instruments since we made "Zenpyo!" together, but with this track, there's really no doubt that this guy knows how to make remixes that are so different from what we normally see in VGM remixing, and it's all the more awesome for it.

Hey, MokraM!! That's one hell of a debut into OCR, dude!

Must confess: I've never really got much into the deep details of world music, and this description of yours just confirms how much I still have to learn. I suppose I'm not dedicating myself as much as I could, but still, I'm eagerly looking forward to develop my skills further, so I can successfully apply my ideas as well as you do here.

Killer, crisp, sandy percussion work btw. Choice of instruments n' style reminds me of my own way of mixing things xD

Gotta admit I choked a bit when this one popped up in the RSS feed. ;D

Mad props to Stevo for giving me the opportunity to be a part of Lucid Dreaming.

Apologies to Andrew and Deia for wasting their valuable time with my low self-esteem.

Huge thanks to Larry for the eye-opening reality check. *bows respectfully*

Lasty, reading djpretzel's kind words gave meaning to this 3+ years musical adventure.

Maybe (just maybe), I wasn't only making worthless crappy music all this time.

@Guifrog: This humbles me to say the least. I'm nowhere near as good as you make it sound.

But if this little song inspired you to delve further into world music, then I couldn't be happier.

We should collab someday. ;)

For anyone interested, I made a music video for the arrangement a while back: http://vimeo.com/26786498

The positive response to the mix gives me strength to overcome my disability and keep on improving. :)

Ah-haaa! Mokram, man! I'm so happy for you and i'm glad to see this one get posted up. This was always one of the ones that stood out to me more on Lucid Dreaming. I told you way back when we first met at the beginning of the project that the ethnic mood felt very Arabic and with my Turkish heritage i instantly felt the vibe on your tune. You nailed the source too, which made someone like me extremely happy. I'm thankful this got posted on it's own because it deserves to have it's moment in the light separate from the rest of Lucid. It really does hold it's own well.

Anyways, in short - Nice one, i'm happy for you dude :)

• 1 year later...

An ethnic jam eh? Well, alright. It does have a very distinctive Arabian or Middle Eastern feelings to it, which has always been a sound I've liked. Kinda adds to the wondrous world-view of NiGHTS in general. Pretty damn good, liked the cameo of Dreams Dreams as well.

• 2 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02446 - NiGHTS into dreams... "The Desert Had a Strange Dream"