OCR00547 - Killer Instinct "Killer Instincts Enhanced"

orkybash

• 1 month later...

After hearing the Metal Gear Solid 2 ReMix, I felt compelled to find more of Jared's work, and came across this ReMix - another good ReMix from Jared which certainly earns a spot in my books - follows the original mix quite nicely - slight monotonus tone in the background though - apart from that, another solid piece of work from Jared - keep up the GREAT stuff! :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I recently downloaded the Unofficial Bittorrent zips, and stumbled across this song.

My opinions:

The rhythm/background sound (drums, bass, pads, etc.) really capture the feel of the conflict inherent in Killer Instinct. The lead comes across to me as very dramatic, but it seems to lack a bit in innovation at some parts. I can really see this being a theme from a "Killer Instinct" movie - God forbid.

Also seems to lack an ending, but the fade works here - it implies that the aforementioned "struggle" from the game is ongoing, instead of lasting four minutes.

• 3 months later...

Listening to this remix, reminds me of this SNES fighter.. I used to get real mad cause of this game...sometimes it is so hard, but back to the remix... IT'S GREAT! :D In fact.. I'm gonna play Killer Instict Right Now!! LOL... Got to find my SNES first:P Keep On Making Remixes Like This..

!!..Solid Snake..!!

• 5 months later...

Great mix. great feel to it. The only thing it lacks is some good pitch-bending for the melody. The choppiness of the lead guitar really gives it a really dated sound. Perhaps could have thrown some delay and a bit o' reverb on the lead as well. The rest of the song is fantastic. I just think that lead could have been improved a little. Keep it up, though. I give it a strong 4 stars.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I am a fan of the KI games. This remix is really kicking butt! There is room for improvement (especially on the guitars) but it's good nonetheless. The thing is...why only two remixes?! I wish there were more remixes of the music from the game.

• 1 month later...

Killer Instinct 1 or 2, both were 2 of the best fighting games in existence. If they ever manage to come out with a third one, I'll probably be one of the first to get it. This remix reminded me of the good old days of Mortal Kombat 3 and Super Street Fighter 2; and of coarse, Killer Instinct.

• 1 year later...

I don't know why I've liked the Killer Instinct title song since I heard it first time year or two ago when my sister bought the cart for her SNES... I guess the title theme goes in the category "really epic short themes that are kind of dumb but are still pretty epic and fit to the game's premise and look well". And I've always liked the various Rareware soundtracks. Anyway, this remix builds a lot on top of that and turns it into a rather credible piece. I like it a lot, especially in that it keeps the song very recognisable and maintains the same feel, while sounding fresh and original at the same time. And (insert SNL imitation voice if you prefer) I don't think there's anywhere near enough songs that feature thunderclap sound effects, anyway. Thumbs up.

• 1 year later...

I never was a huge fan of the KI music, but the recent Powerglove track made me appreciate it a bit more. I think the source is good, if a bit generic rockish, but what makes it a bit forgettable is the guitar sounds.

The guitar sounds all around are super dated and the sequencing is a bit choppy, with a super thin lead sound.

The percussion is interesting enough, but doesn't really change it up ever, and the fills are there but not terribly inspired.

The best part of the track is actually the strings, which have some nice changeups and support things well.

Overall a decent track, but not a favorite of mine.

• 7 months later...

For whatever reason, I can never really find anything wrong with most remixes. I always click on the review page and people are like 'maybe more of this would of been nice, or some more of that would have been good' but I just come in and say something like 'Hey, great track!' Does that make me bad?

Whatever. Fucking great track.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Nice Mix. It rocks just hard enough. I think this is floating around in various packs of remixes that individuals put together. That could be a compliment, that people put it together with miscellaneous remixes and label the "best remixes ever" or something like that.

I have to agree with loving the snare here, and the lead is in the perfect range to be a really cool-sounding piece.

• 9 months later...

This site really needs a lot more KI love. The series was just so underrated and the music is so much better than a lot of other games. This is a good take on the opening track and I absolutely love the thunder SFX at the beginning and end of the mix. Good work!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00547 - Killer Instinct "Killer Instincts Enhanced"