Banjo-Kazooie - Treasure Trove Cove Orchestra

dummy

Hey guys,

My remix from this morning was a Banjo-Kazooie track, Treasure Trove Cove. It's such an awesome soundtrack I couldn't resist having a try at orchestrating it. I tried to keep the 'changing-based-on-context' theme the game has and jump between styles/instruments. Also played with the piano a bit in the middle.

or SoundCloud

As always, any criticism/comments are welcome, especially related to the realism of the piece. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out though the woodwinds feel a bit ropey here and there. I also think I need to make more interesting percussive rhythms in future. Feel free to chip in with anything you feel you'd do differently or could be improved if I was to do it again.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I really appreciate it.

So... Where the fuck did you come from? You're pretty good hahaha.

From what I can tell production wise, this would be close to DP, can't say on arrangement tho, would need a source link for that :)

Aha, I've been around for a while. I'm actually a sample developer foremost, composer mostly as a hobby. If you're seriously into orchestral music, chances are you'll have used a sample library I've been involved in development-wise.

I've got a good 150 odd video game remixes/orchestrations. Just many of them tend to be too short or to similar to the original to post up on OCR. If you're interested, the whole lot are online and categorised here.