A Sonic CD album, anyone? (Generating interest)

Rexy

Agreed. My working title (if we don't come up with something better) will be East Meets West: A Sonic CD Tribute Project. East Meets West or East vs. West is pretty much the same thing, but I like the idea of east meets west a bit more, as in two separate soundtracks are coming together for the project, instead of east versus west, which implies that the soundtracks are somehow "facing off" against one another and that one will win. If that makes any sense.

I guess I can settle with that. Cheers SuperiorX.

Agreed. My working title (if we don't come up with something better) will be East Meets West: A Sonic CD Tribute Project. East Meets West or East vs. West is pretty much the same thing, but I like the idea of east meets west a bit more, as in two separate soundtracks are coming together for the project, instead of east versus west, which implies that the soundtracks are somehow "facing off" against one another and that one will win. If that makes any sense.

To me East meets West is good considering how polarizing the two soundtracks are. Usually the player prefers whatever soundtrack was part of the game when they first played it. However I think NA Vs. JP works better in the spirit of Sonic CD. Well, not really versus. Just a significant style change regarding the remixes on that part of the album. You see what i'm saying though. Similar, but completely different.

But there are more ways to work this idea than one. Past vs. Future/Bad vs. Good/Sky Blue Vs. Metallic Blue and what have you. Whatever it ends up being i would really like to see a nice contrast between the two parts of the album. Since rivalry was a part of Sonic CD I think it should be a part of the remix project as well.

Yeah you make a good point. Especially when thinking about it in the context of Sonic versus Metal Sonic. And yeah people definitely tend to prefer one soundtrack over the other. So in that sense, "versus" may be more appropriate than "meets". I'm not too concerned with it at the moment, as we'll have tons of time to decide what the official title should be. I appreciate hearing everyone's point of view though, so thanks!

Here's just a thought that I'm throwing out there... What if we could use the "versus" to our advantage within the OCR community? I'm not sure how exactly, but maybe have OCR folks vote for Metal Sonic vs Sonic (who's cooler) or which soundtrack is their favorite and then have that character feature more prominently on the album art.

I dunno, something where if it's "versus" instead of "meets" either the community at large or the remixers can make it a friendly competition somehow.