Palace Theme (my attempt at original VGM)

evory

Palace Theme:

So I thought since I've had enough practice writing VGM remixes, why not try my hand at a little original VGM of my own? Anyway, if you're interested/can be bothered, this is basically an orchestral theme meant to evoke a sort of royal, regal feel, and, as is quintessential to VGM, loops ad infinitum. So if you get bored after listening to half of it, don't bother listening on because it's all going to be exactly the same. If you do like it, however, let me know! :) In any case, I thank you for your click.

• 3 weeks later...

Another articulation (or instrument choice) to watch is the cymbals around 1:19-1:23. Right now it sounds like hard mallets on a suspended cymbal, which isn't "wrong" if that's what you want to do, but personally I'd try a brighter crash cymbal sound on those four hits. Maybe try doubling the crash cymbal with concert bass drum (but keep it out of the way of the timpani).

You nailed the feel, and the execution is pretty good. Enjoyable stuff, evory; thanks for sharing.