The Legend of Pumpkin King - Path into the Corrupted Forest

I posted about the first song earlier, called The Beginning of a Great Journey, and have just finished part 2 of this concept about my alias. This one certainly isn't as long as the first, but there will be much more to come.

I mainly used Logic for this, and Garageband Jam packs. That's the basis of every composition I do (I used Garageband earlier, but now I have Logic). Feedback is welcome!

Yeesh, I want a friggin' piano sword.

Certainly sounds like we're venturing into a dark forest! I like when the snare kicks in; it adds a sense of duty, like we're marching!

I like the background beat, but I could have used maybe a twenty second break from it. If this were played over and over, it might start to wear on the player a little bit. Maybe a bridge where you reprise the main chord structure in a soft, ethereal, mysterious way could highlight the dark beauty of a place called "the corrupted forest."

\^.^/~

Thanks for your comments!

I really like your ideas. My idea was to have this as an interlude... you know, a nice little break between the intro song and the next. The constant beat throughout the song is just to represent his marching into the corrupted forest. He is not actually in the corrupted forest at the time, he is within the large plains (I have some names of the locations, but I won't bring them up and just keep everything simple). And I put in a memorable melody there with the strings to keep a heroic mood. I included subtle ambient pads in the song to foreshadow what will happen next, which will be about his quests and exploration within the corrupted forest.

I do think that I should have faded the song in, rather than start right away, to give it a sense of a long and constant march towards his destination. It faded out because of that idea, so I should have stuck to fading it in.

Anyways, I really appreciate the feedback again! Honestly I'm not so sure about uploading the rest of the songs, though. I have plenty of ideas and I could keep with this whole Pumpkin King theme for a long time, but I don't think I want them to be up for grabs on the internet.