Reason/Midi Drums "Dropped Notes"?

My friends and I have started a video game music band, and I'm using my heavily upgraded ION drum kit with an Alesis DM5 brain. I'm connected into Reason through the MIDI out on the brain and I am able to record just fine, but I am running into a weird problem.

When I playback or export the recording, some notes will "drop" when played simultaneously. For instance, the Hi-Hat tends to cut out most frequently, since it's usually played over other notes. It sounds fine coming out of the drum brain while recording, but Reason's playback seems to be quirky. I've tried messing with the Sample rate in the Audio settings and had some luck but I really can't figure this one out.

Even setting the Velocity on all notes to maximum this still seems to happen. Anyone have any ideas?

Sorry, I will take screenshots when I get home from work.

I have a MIDI-Out to USB converter. So the MIDI-OUT is coming from my drum brain into my computer via USB. I then have the MIDI drums selected as a Midi "Keyboard"/Controller and active. So with a drum patch selected I can hit a drum trigger and it will activate in Reason.

I've recorded the audio tracks directly with the brain. I can see the whole track recorded fine in Reason, it's just the playback/export that seems to drop the notes.