OCR02455 - Final Fantasy "Onward (The Travelin' Song)"

djpretzel

To describe the style, all I can say is it combines voices under age 25, metal, and a few electronic elements. Whelchel was born just before 1988, and Connelly doesn't look any older, so it's no surprise.

To be honest, I think if the vocals have no tuning filters (for lack of a more appropriate term, I'm probably wrong so correct me here), then they'd go better with a guitar track not involving electronic.

This post probably makes little sense, but I can't think of better wording to describe my reactions to this track.

No way that's the same tenor from "Dies, Nox, et Omnia"! Ryan, you've got a great voice, bro. This is easily one of my favorite cuts from the new album. I'd love to see you two star in a music video for this and put it up on OCR's youtube channel. I can already see Josh in a durag!

This is interesting, . I have to be honest and say it always bothers me when the vocal is doing the exact same thing as the lead melody, idk thats just me. I'll have to listen to it some more. I like the everglades reference. Hayley paramore? uh, yea maybe she was sorta cool like five or six years ago. the direction her band went in was very , er teeny-boppingly-disappointing.

• 2 weeks later...

A happy song with cheesy & nerdy lyrics, it kinda makes me smile briefly although admittedly, these types of songs are not my cup of tea for the most part. The song reminds me in some ways of this mix with some of the shifting through styles, but I like the execution in that linked mix far more largely due to the more serious nature of the arrangement.

• 1 year later...

This is unbelievably catchy and I really liked the lightheartedness of it, even if it does have a nice change with the "Gimme F" parts. The banter in between the singing almost reminds me of RvB style jokes and the melody just stays with you. Yeah, catchy and fun and totally recommended for those with a sense of humor.

• 10 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02455 - Final Fantasy "Onward (The Travelin' Song)"