Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow- Inner Quarters (Dracula's Servants)

CC Ricers

• 2 weeks later...

I like what you have so far. I wish I could comment further. It still sounds like the source which I guess is always a good thing if you're trying to sub this or even if it's just to have a connection to the source. Interesting use of sounds, not sure what to make of it, but it's interesting and I like it. What drums are you using? Sounds like a loop I've heard in FL before, but it sounds good either way.

I like what you have so far. I wish I could comment further. It still sounds like the source which I guess is always a good thing if you're trying to sub this or even if it's just to have a connection to the source. Interesting use of sounds, not sure what to make of it, but it's interesting and I like it. What drums are you using? Sounds like a loop I've heard in FL before, but it sounds good either way.

Ah crap, I didn't update the link to the new remix! As soon as I read "loop I've heard in FL" I realized you were talking about the old one! Listen again, the link and remix has changed, and it's much different sounding.

• 4 months later...

The drums aren't bad, but everything sounds like it's clipping. Everything's way too loud and transients are cut out. Aren't you using a limiter of any sort? Looks like soft knee limiting, but everything is bumped at least 3dB above the max. The bass is really good though.

You should replace the snare. It's too powerful in the low mids. It needs more in the highs.

There's also no sense of dynamics. Everything's just maxed out. Really think about what you want to be soft or loud.

timaeus222, gonna take these fixes to consideration. I use a multi-band compressor on most of my track channels, for a final pushing back and forth certain frequencies into the mix. Thought everything was below 0dB when I exported it.

I tried to copy Koan Sound with the drums, I guess I went too far with giving them the oomph, lol. The snares will be cut back on the bass and low-mids. I'll see what I can do about quieting the breakdown sections, too. I agree there's not a lot of dynamics on there, haven't done too much work with the velocities.

• 2 weeks later...