OCR02583 - *YES* Sonic the Hedgehog 3 'Marblelous Garden'

Liontamer

Needs a unique title, but sounded good - LT

Hello Guys,

I speak from Brazil and I have a project where we played games of the classic 8-bit and 16 bit platforms among others. Is called ''Abreu Project''. Would you like to send a version of a song I did. The arrangement is for the song'' Marble Garden Zone'' From the Genesis Sonic 3.

I have many other remix on my Soundcloud. www.soundcloud.com/breusera

Facebook - Abreu Project

Twitter - Abreu Project

YT - Abreuprojectvgmusic

Hope you enjoy.

Music - Marble Garden Zone

Game - Sonic The Hedgehog 3

Original composer - Brad Buxer

Remix - Leandro Abreu

Plataform - Genesis 16bits

Cheers

--

L.Abreu

Twitter - @Breusera

----------------------------------------------------------

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Kb8xMxjgvUM

Pretty cover-ish, but nicely personalized instrumentation. The energy's a bit subdued due to relative emptiness in the textures -- it's arguably thin, but I think adequate; the space is filled out OK.

The mixing's OK, but a bit weaker than it should be; it almost sounds like some highs got cut that prevents the performance from sounding as upfront as it probably should. Not a huge deal, overall.

The ending was also a bit sudden and not a strong resolution, but that said, I'm feeling the arrangement all the way. It gets a lot more right than it gets wrong, and has a mellow approach that ultimately shows off a lot creativity.

YES

• 1 month later...

wasn't loving the tone of that low rhodes or whatever it is playing the bassline, I thought it was a little too fuzzy and overexposed even granted the intentionally fuzzy style. it felt much more well balanced once the lead guitar finally dropped in though- either that or I just stopped noticing it. in agreement with the soundscape being thin at times, but overall the mixing got the job done, and I loved every bit of the arrangement. solid work here, hope to hear more from you soon! :D

YES

The arrangement was fine overall, but I felt that the production was lacking a few key spots.

Some of the lead guitar playing was really messy in terms of hitting extra notes, and the soundscape felt thin to me in a lot of areas, with some panning choices that didn't quite fill things out. I did enjoy the layered percussion, and there were some nice subtle touches through out with little chords and washes of sound. The ending was not good. The sudden halt ruined the mood for me. For as much care that was put in the rest of the arrangement, it struck me as losing interest in the song to not see it through.

I think this has a lot of potential, but i'd like to hear the soundscape filled out a bit and I think the ending needs to be tweaked. It's close for me, but doesn't quite get there.

No, please resubmit

I was definitely feeling this a lot more once the guitar came in and the soundscape filled out a bit more. Definitely agreed with the gentlemen that the overall thin soundscape is one of the detriments to the mix. If that were the only issue, I could see this being a yes, but when it's combined with the mixing being a little off, and the sudden ending, I think this squeaks just under the bar. Certainly a good candidate for a resub!

NO (resubmit, please!)

This has the feel of a bunch of people have a sweet jam. The bass end is a bit empty most of the time, the rhodes is actually louder in that register then the bass which is a bit of a shame. Arrangement is pretty awesome.

I don't feel like the thin-ish mix or the ending stopped me from enjoying the interplay here. I still found it very enjoyable despite the flaws so I've got no problem with this.

YES

It kind of feels like this was mixed to obtain clarity at the expense of a nice well-rounded mix. It's easy to hear the parts (and in a well-performed song like this, that's certainly an asset), but the overall soundscape is light on the low-end. You lose the steadiness that is implied by the bass. Thought the ending was fine though, no real problem there. Pretty close to me, but given the strength of the performances and writing, I'm willing to sign off on it. Definitely some room for improvement but this just gets by.

YES (borderline)