Plogue Chipsounds: Yay or Nay?

I'm thinking about buying it and i think i can trust the opinions of people here.

So, are there any reviews from people here?

So far it looks good - i haven't really loved any of the preview tracks but i kinda get the feeling it's more the music than the sounds.

At around £70 it's just enough money for me to have to seriously consider it so are there any huge fans here?

Only tried the demo back whenever, but I like it. It's not the control you'd have in a tracker, but most of us don't use trackers, and having more authentic chip sounds we can use in our DAWs is a good thing. I agree that the interface isn't that user-friendly, but like anything, it might just be a case of getting used to it.

iirc BGC uses it.

Interesting... i'm certainly not looking for a tracker substitute as the music i'm making is pretty non-trad chiptunes but yeah i think this could be useful. I just wish it was a little cheaper so i could be positive in buying it. i'll give the demo another go and see! Thanks so far for the responses guys.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought it last year. It was really the only option I had at the time because of my OS but I've come to love it a lot more than I would have gotten otherwise. It rocks as a stand-alone product too. I've used it for an instrument in my experimental music ensemble which worked out really well.