The Better Man WIP - AkumajoBelmont Vox Original

This is a WIP - and a track I'm using to vent. I've had a tough time with a lot of things lately, and no matter how I try, I just can't seem to express my frustrations. Well, till now. I decided to put a voice to my resentments, and here's what I've come up with - got it done before work yesterday, haha. The melody is a little cheesy, but meh. It's a sketch, it's very basic at the moment, and it sounds a little 80's, but not too much. I really don't care either way, haha. It's what I do, so yah. Still working out phrasing for the vox, so expect a re-record of the vox sometime soon.

Is it worth continuing on with? Lemme know!

Enjoy!

https://www.box.com/s/86528bba7adfb5992c5f

LYRICS:

I've lost you

Or is it that you've lost me, I can't tell.

In this whirlpool. Around and around with no sight of the ground - there my limits are found.

-Don't apologize, it's not compromise,

But it makes me the better man.

And so I fight the silent battle that I'm waging with my soul.

Warring endlessly to eternity, but you would never know.

Because my face, it hides my pain so well. It seems I'm living just another day.

I can never find the right words to explain.

And so inside is where this complex fool remains.

Glad you decided to share this very personal, eighties-inspired sketch with us. I can tell the emotions are driving that one.

While it's slightly more mellow than your usual upbeat/happy VG arrangements, imho it fits the purpose for which it was created.

Vocals timing could be tighter in places, and the the melody is simple, but sometimes less is more. Especially when you've got a message to carry.

Keep at it if you feel like it. I know I'd certainly love to hear more.

Good luck through these though times, and hang in there Robbie. :)

Geez, thanks guys. Means a lot! Yeah, the timing on the vocals will be fixed when I record the final vox. Usually, my process is that I record a set of dummy vox and just listen to it over and over for a couple of days, then if I find myself singing along to it a little differently, then that's the direction I'll take when recording the final set of vocals.

Thanks for the words of encouragement - I'll definitely continue on with it :)

I actually like the style of your Song, but i think it misses something.

The Vocals at the Chrous(?) "And so i fight..." seem to be purposed to get some harmonys and i think some female ones in soprano range, lower volumed would fit extremely nice. Anyway, i expect nothing less then a high addictive composition from you :D