OCR02457 - Tetris (GB) "Tetris Plays You"

djpretzel

Was anyone else reminded of Hyadain - http://ocremix.org/artist/9076/hyadain - ?

This almost felt like an English version of an arrangement he might do... albeit slightly less on crack, and of course he'd do all of the voices himself :-D Still, to me it had some of the same crazy brilliance, vocal flexibility, & contextual humor.

Was anyone else reminded of Hyadain - http://ocremix.org/artist/9076/hyadain - ?

This almost felt like an English version of an arrangement he might do... albeit slightly less on crack, and of course he'd do all of the voices himself :-D Still, to me it had some of the same crazy brilliance, vocal flexibility, & contextual humor.

Not something I was keeping in mind when we made this, but certainly the same spirit. :)

EXACTLY what I was gonna post!!! I love Hyadin's mixes and this reminded me a LOT of that!!

I looooved the "voice-acting" haha!! Z's voice is so awesome and I loved the french of L, it sounded as if she speaks french fluently??

Awww man, I hate it when this happens. Someone tries a vocal arrangement and then another covers the same song. Now whenever I think of the tetris theme, I'm going to have 2 conflicting sets of lyrics playing in my head. The other version that I know is from The Amazing Brando, who also took on the personification of the different shaped blocks.

Now, both versions are good, but I just wanted you all to know how conflicted this makes me feel.

What am I saying, I love you guys!

• 2 weeks later...

This is ridiculously funny. I have to agree with some of the other reviews, the whole thing does sound kinda like a Hyadain take on the whole Tetris song with the different voices, and now I have the characters stuck in my head when I play the game. Oy. It's always great to hear a ReMix with a good sense of humor and sounds great at the same time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02457 - Tetris (GB) "Tetris Plays You"