「東方 REMIX」Voyage 1969 (Final Stage ~ Imperishable Night) - Voyage 1991

djVERTICAI

Simply curious to see what kind of responses I can get. Haven't had much success with feedback yet on here, but that doesn't mean I should stop trying, right? Anyways, this is my first attempt at a Touhou remix, and I would certainly look forward to doing more in the future because it was good fun! Especially for about a day's solid work~

Check it out!

Original:

Remix: http://soundcloud.com/dj-verticai/voyage-1991

Never heard the source before but I love it. great choice! On the whole its got a great feel and the soundscape is well done. Its got the vibe of the original but I suppose with it not being so melody-centric its a bit trickier to keep it obvious as to what the source is.

The lead at 1:17 isn't quite sitting right to me. I can't work out whether it needs to be less detuned or just mixed better into the soundscape but it definitely needs more attention. Love it at the 2:00min mark. Its got a nice feel. The breakdown-y bit that comes after is well placed. Definitely needs a change of pace, some more contrast later on in the mix or some variation of the material from before. 3:19 again with that lead.......i think more than anything its just lacking life. Needs an injection of humanity methinks.

I can't be more specific as the genre isn't my thing but I do think there could be some tweaks to your synth choices and a bit more space as the mix does feel rather crammed but hey............great stuff. I hope someone else also comments to give you some feedback :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like a really fast set of loops, almost like you're trying to compensate for lack of something (no offense). It sounds crackly. Definitely increase the lead's volume or presence somehow. I'd change out the percussion section entirely or change it's rhythm.

Hope that's helpful to ya.