OCR04230 - *YES* Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "My Old Kakariko Home"

DragonAvenger

• 1 month later...

This is super charming. The arrangement stays pretty close to the original early on, but about 2/5 through the chords really begin to deviate in fun and interesting ways, giving a lot of new color to the familiar aspects of the piece. The performances were very nice, and the sound effects used were tasteful and appropriate.

Production is a bit lofi, but it wourks with the live and warm feeling.

I enjoyed this one quite a bit! :-)

Yes

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, this is a very conservative arrangement, but where I think it shines is in the expressiveness of the instrumentation. Every performance feels EXTREMELY soulful, even if a lot of it is sequenced. There's some definite sloppiness throughout the song but this is one of those rare occasions where it adds to the overall effect instead of detracting. Some very interesting chord changes and additional harmonies keep this fresh without really straying too far from the beaten path at all. I think this has just the right amount of personality to clear the bar.

Honestly, this is the kind of track my gut tells me would be a resub vote, but I'm finding myself charmed by what you've done here :-) I get the feeling that others might be a little more critical but for me, it's a pass.

YES

Honestly, this is the kind of track my gut tells me would be a resub vote

You have a faulty gut. :lol:

Easy call here. The structure's retained but with an extremely personalized set of instruments, loads of different variations, and other subtle expansive writing touches. The excellent mixing and production further contributed to a serene experience. A cover with true uniqueness and style throughout!

YES

I'll admit that when I first listened to this in the inbox I didn't go to far, and was worried it would remain very coverish. I was super glad to hear when you took off with the harmonies and personalization, and this is a really fun and relaxing track to listen to. I will agree with Emu that there's some sloppiness in the overall performance, but it does add a bit to the charm. Very glad to hear this one!

YES

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR04230 - *YES* Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "My Old Kakariko Home"