OCR02458 - Wild Arms "East Meets Western"

djpretzel

Easily in my top five from the album; it caught me completely off guard, but in a very good way. :nicework: I think what I like the best about it is the variation in instruments and sounds - I would've never pegged that synth lead as working well in the same song as the piano and guitar, but it truly did, in an interesting and thought-catching manner. That, and I definitely felt like I could see the clear progression of the track.

Edited by Melbu Frahma

• 2 weeks later...

This track is a curious one from the Wild ARMS album - it has a desolate soundscape for the beginning and end of the song, and yet goes into a more upbeat trek in the middle. The middle section feels a bit strange to me when combined with the beginning & end, but it does have its place with helping enhance the mysterious atmosphere evoked.

Interesting usage of the source, and I can dig it.

• 4 months later...

That's a great remix! After listening to it, I just *had* to create an OC Remix account just to be able to comment on it!

I really like the way the instruments sound on this track. Everything seems balanced. There is actually a lot of emotion that is vehiculed from the track.

It instantly became one of my favorite on OC. Thanks!

• 1 year later...

After hearing the intro, I wasn't expecting this to pick up as much as it did, but from acoustic beauty to energy filled beats, this is like a truck starting off slow and then just taking off and then slowing back down like a tanker. The switch to the slower, acoustic end from the upbeat middle section is a tad unusual, but nothing that bothered me too much. Not bad.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02458 - Wild Arms "East Meets Western"