looking for big band brass samples

Not free, but Kontakt Sax and Brass is good.

Where tha heck did you find it? It looks like it might be discontinued.

I'm an experienced alto player and could play the part for you if you'd like.

Well I'm just experimenting right now. I'm afraid it might be a bad idea for the mix, so I don't really want to trouble anybody. I will keep you in mind for down the road though, fo sho.

Dito. I'm looking into some big band samples and couldn't find Kontakt's anywhere. Free... that's kinda hard to find, at least of good quality. Maybe some companies might offer trial/demos.

Garritan has been recommended to me, though I don't feel it's the best. It's $145 at its cheapest. I've heard of Kick ass brass, can't speak for it, it's more expensive. I've heard of sample modeling's prodcuts, while really really good, each instrument is sold separately and would cost you together over 1000 euros for a sax section plus trombones plus trumpets. >_<

While there is no dearth of orchestral samples, free, expensive, decent/good. It's hard as hell to find samples for big band. Just my experience... I'm still looking let me know if you find anything lol. I'm really regretting letting go of my tenor sax. =/

Kontakt Sax & Brass was a sound pack for the now-discontinued Kore. Despite the fact that it used samples (and probably the Kontakt engine within Kore under the hood), it never got ported to proper Kontakt.

D:

What's worse is I don't have the installer anymore. $30 down the drain, but at least I have the actual Kontakt library band section now. NI's very bad at supporting old products. Audio Kontrol 1 just disappeared with no announcement in favor of Komplete Audio 6, and they slipped out the 3.0.0 driver (which fixes every issue you could possibly have with AK1, including that ungodly distortion issue so popular on the internet) without telling anyone. I'm probably one of the only few people with a functional AK1. :P

Kontakt Sax & Brass has some stuff that's not in the Kontakt library, I think. You can still download the installer from NI's support site; I see mine in there. If you still have the Kore Player, you can still use it. The Kore Player isn't up for download, but if you need that, le tme know and I'll find a way to get it to you (worst case, send me a bit of cash to cover my costs and I'll burn it on a DVD and mail it to you).

I've still got an AK1 too; I've been trying to sell it, but now I'm considering keeping it and using it in my live keyboard rig; my Komplete Audio 6 for running Reason and the AK1 for running loops and a click track out of Ableton Live. I'll have to see how feasible it is to use two audio interfaces and be running two audio apps at the same time. (And no, I can't use Rewire since I'll be using more than 4 GB of RAM for Reason alone, and rewired products share the same memory space; they really need a 64-bit version of Live.)

Kontakt Sax & Brass has some stuff that's not in the Kontakt library, I think. You can still download the installer from NI's support site; I see mine in there. If you still have the Kore Player, you can still use it. The Kore Player isn't up for download, but if you need that, le tme know and I'll find a way to get it to you (worst case, send me a bit of cash to cover my costs and I'll burn it on a DVD and mail it to you).

I've still got an AK1 too; I've been trying to sell it, but now I'm considering keeping it and using it in my live keyboard rig; my Komplete Audio 6 for running Reason and the AK1 for running loops and a click track out of Ableton Live. I'll have to see how feasible it is to use two audio interfaces and be running two audio apps at the same time. (And no, I can't use Rewire since I'll be using more than 4 GB of RAM for Reason alone, and rewired products share the same memory space; they really need a 64-bit version of Live.)

I can get the Kore player download on their site, but I don't see Sax & Brass anywhere. :P

Should be a download link beside it on the page with your serial numbers.

All that's showing up for me are my serial numbers =/

Bit over your budget, but have you checked out Wallander?

http://www.wallanderinstruments.com/

http://www.sonicstate.com/news/2009/01/26/wnamm09-wallander-wivi-orchestral-synthesizer/

There's a demo on the site too.

This looks good! And it's cheaper than Garritan. Does anyone btw have experience with garritan jazz/big band samples?

All that's showing up for me are my serial numbers =/

I only see download links there for individual sound libraries I purchased as a download version, or libraries for which they provided download-only updates (updating Abbey Road Drums to work with the new Studio Drummer interface, for example); updates for everything else (Komplete 8, a sound library or two I bought on DVD, third party libraries) are here (except the third party stuff, of course).

also not free, but i use the trumpet and now the trombone from samplemodeling. they sound reeeeeeally good

Can't find le demo. Samples sound good though.

Bit over your budget, but have you checked out Wallander?

http://www.wallanderinstruments.com/

http://www.sonicstate.com/news/2009/01/26/wnamm09-wallander-wivi-orchestral-synthesizer/

There's a demo on the site too.

OK, pretty amazing but where the heck do you get that breath controller?

Not that I can.. afford any of this. I'm just a lowly hobbyist.