Have you ever cried from a game?

Synth

Pretty much the last quarter of gameplay in MGS4 made me really sad. Nostalgia and whatnot...

And that scene in the graveyard pretty much did it for me.

^^ This

and the credits of batman Arkham city knowing it would be the last time Mark hamil would voice the joker, then the "credit song" begins and i couldn't hold back anymore.

The song in the credits for sonic unleashed called "special friend"

annnd there was parts in okami that made me weep with joy.

unfortunately I'm a emotional guy >:/

FF7 when Aeris died. (i was very young then)

The ending sequence of FF8 should bring tears to most eyes. '

Ditto for FF9.

Recently ME 3's original ending brought tears to my eyes for bad reasons

That being said the new ones may bring them for proper reasons depending on POV.

Arkham City's ending (batman) is...well yeah. That as a DC fan and a batman fan in particular got me cryin a bit.

This scene in Shadow Hearts: Covenant. (spoilers for folks who haven't played the first or second Shadow Hearts games). I also laughed because of Yuri's BAWW face.

I cried at the end of FFX too, at least on my last playthrough. Then again I was a few months pregnant and full of horemones, and I was crying at stupid things like the FF7 overworld music and episodes of Elfen Lied. Normally I laugh at when Yuna faceplants in the FFX ending, because I'm a terrible person.

I tried not to cry at the end of Skies of Arcadia on my first playthrough, but that's only because that game was amazing and the ending music was beautiful.

This scene in Shadow Hearts: Covenant. (spoilers for folks who haven't played the first or second Shadow Hearts games). I also laughed because of Yuri's BAWW face.

I tried not to cry at the end of Skies of Arcadia on my first playthrough, but that's only because that game was amazing and the ending music was beautiful.

Pretty much took the words out of my mouth.

Had I been a young teenager, Zelda A Link to the Past and Terranigma's endings might have done the same.

FF7 when Aeris died. (i was very young then)

Ditto for FF9.

These, although I think my tears @ Aerith were more tears of rage than anything - I remember my mother coming down and asking me at whom I was yelling "You're freaking gonna die you piece of poop!" or something along those lines. Don't remember - was like 10.

I choked up at the part where everyone teams up at Sailor Island for the final battle. I was seriously overwhelmed with epic.

If I'm alone, I never hold back be it games, books or movies. Funnily enough, the first one that comes to mind is... Elite Beat Agents. !

Also choked up for this. Didn't cry but.. wow, for such a cheesy game the ending was genuinely heartfelt.

I cried in MGS4 when I thought Snake had shot himself. I was also disturbed by his crawl through the microwave machine in Act V. I've never seen anything quite like that scence in video games.

I replayed FF7 for the first time in a decade a few years back and had a weird reaction to seeing Aeris's death. It felt...sacred. Like, I guess that's how religious people feel at church or something. The whole scene has been so elevated in my mind that I get a religious feeling from it.

I must admit, I'm a blubber-wart when it comes to games.

Sonic 2 - the end sequence with Sonic falling onto Tails's plane and all the flicky birds flying nearby. It was BEAUTIFUL to me when I first saw it.

Klonoa - Again, the ending with the sequence around Lephise's 'Song of Rebirth'. Even to this day, I form puddles at my feet.

Rayman 2 - The ending... up until Rayman emerges alive and well.

Beyond Good & Evil - The lighthouse destruction scene, and Pey'j's death. Both scenes had a piano/violin music sequence that made me cry.

Disgaea 1 - Pretty much the entirety of World 8 due to the use of 'Mourning Angel' as backing music and the visuals that accompany it. Also, the normal ending.

Elite Beat Agents - "You're the Inspiration". Nuff said.

Yep... I feel like a total softie, I just know it. :cry:

Full-on cry? No. Get a big lump in my throat? Oh yeah.

Spoilers. Now you've been warned.

In Drakengard, the two main characters of Angelus and Caim started as basically enemies that became bonded in life so that neither would die at a moment when they'd been bested. But, they grew close by the end of the game, and that's where their paths parted in a tragic fashion. In the second game, Angelus, driven mad after allowing herself to be the seal at the end of the first game, had to be stopped when she was freed. The video above is the end result, with her and Caim's final moment together. That damn near got me.

Yes, multiple times, and I mean full on crying like a baby. Including (but not limited to):

* The end of Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. Specifically the music at the "The End" screen.

* Naomi's sacrifice in MGS4.

* The end of Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (I was really sad that it was over).

* The end of Tuchanka in ME3 (I played a Paragon run).

* The aforementioned EBA song.

Games be moving, yo.