Have you ever cried from a game?

Synth

Shadow of the colossus,

Spoliers!

Ablo (That's what it sounds like the wanderer says). When that horse fell down the cliff to save the wanderer, all of what Ablo did flashed before my eyes, all the long rides to my goal, jumping on the horse to save me from certain smushing, showing up every time I wake from the colossus' dark energy. It all came back, I don't think I cried, but I never have cared about a character dying in a game that much,

and it was a horse.

End Spolier!

To add to my earlier post:

In ME 3, there are several points in the Curing the Genophage mission which consistently bring me to the edge of tears. partly because Eve's theme is so amazing, and partly because of the grandiosity of the idea of giving the Krogan a new future, destroying the plague that has destroyed their society for thousands of years.

Have I mentioned I love ME3?

To add to my earlier post:

In ME 3, there are several points in the Curing the Genophage mission which consistently bring me to the edge of tears. partly because Eve's theme is so amazing, and partly because of the grandiosity of the idea of giving the Krogan a new future, destroying the plague that has destroyed their society for thousands of years.

Have I mentioned I love ME3?

The ending of ME3 made me cry tears of rage for being so bad :???:

But to be serious, I found the scenes you mentioned (and many more) to be quite profoundly sad, because they represent the real tragic follies of mankind...something that Japanese game devs seem to fail to grasp these days.

• 6 months later...

I didn't cry, but boy did I tear up in ME3, "Mordin's Death. "I am the very model of a scientist salarian" Also the end made me tear up when it showed Liara's face as shepard sacrificed himself. I was depressed for days. No little blue children..." :(

And my goodness, The Walking Dead devastated me. I cried and cried and cried. Such a beautiful ending.

"Clem... Keep that hair short..."

EBA did cause me to tear up since others have mentioned it, but it wasn't the most emotional for me.

Megaman Zero 4's ending really gets to me, when Ciel collapses on the ground and starts crying. Honestly, each game endings almost brings tears to my eyes.

The ending cut-scene of Kingdom Hearts after you beat the boss also did a pretty good job. FF4 has a few moments that get pretty close, too. Xenoblade Chronicles when Fiora gets "killed" also left a deep impression, almost more depressing, though, for whatever reason; there are some other scenes so far that get close. Of course, Zelda games are usually pretty emotional, though not so much I cry.

Metroid: other M disappointed me in many aspects. No chance of tears there. This fanboy was not happy, more sad that they messed up so badly. That was definitely not any Samus I recognized. You feel more backstory about Samus going through Chozo scans (even pirate ones) in the Prime series and the start of Super Metroid than that failure of, at best, a badly written and directed CG film. Seriously, tears of frustration. I guess there are tears.

I also remember shedding a few tears from Legend of Legaia when Noa's guardian wolf/friend died. Normally, that wouldn't have bothered me, but it reminded me of my dog that died a few weeks prior.

Also, I don't remember if I cried of not, but I was REALLY sad when I found out what happened to Noa's parents and the kingdom.

These both made me sad too :(

--Metal Gear Solid - When Sniper Wolf died

--Xenoblade - When you get Fiora back in your party

--Metal Gear Solid 4 - Several times

--Final Fantasy 6 - When Terra's dad, Maduin, died

--Lost Odyssey - When reading several of the short-stories you find

--Final Fantasy IV - I thought it was crazy that Aerith died in FFVII, but in IV...so many party members :'(

--Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross

--Kingdom Hearts 2

Other games as well

Oh crud, I forgot... if you make Cid die, that goes into a sequence that makes me blubber almost EVERY SINGLE TIME. ;_;

Hence why in future runs, I wanted to make sure he lives >_>

hell yes, the overworld music, the small barren island, the poor creatures that die by themselves, and then Celes suicide. Hopefully Terra push the mood in the other side.

Shadow of the colossus,

I never have cared about a character dying in a game that much,

The entire ending to that game made me sad. Such good minimalistic storytelling though.

But yes! I just sat there and stared at my screen, and then retried to make sure he made it across like three times. i always thought his name was agro,but i could be wrong. that game has such strangely named characters. i bet the last guardian will have a few tear jerker moments whenever they finally get around to releasing it. the big old bird kitty dragon whatever the hell it is.

The end of crisis core made me tear up a little when zack gave cloud the buster sword.

FFXIII made me cry a little. Not many people will know what I'm talking about because they couldn't make it through the game but it's seriously one of the most emotional games I've ever played.

While it didn't quite get me to tears, I agree there are certainly some powerfully emotional scenes throughout the game.

almost every scene with Sazh and Dahj, for example

Maybe I'm just an emotional guy, but there are more than a few games that made me cry. The most prevalent one was definitely Kingdom Hearts; I put so many hours into that first game and the ending was so beautiful I just teared up.

I also got fairly emotional with the ending of FFX. Yeah, I know a lot of people can't stand the story or how whiny Tidus was, etc etc, but (after pretending FFX-2 doesn't exist) the ending again just fits so well with the characters.

Maybe I'm just an emotional guy, but there are more than a few games that made me cry. The most prevalent one was definitely Kingdom Hearts; I put so many hours into that first game and the ending was so beautiful I just teared up.

I also got fairly emotional with the ending of FFX. Yeah, I know a lot of people can't stand the story or how whiny Tidus was, etc etc, but (after pretending FFX-2 doesn't exist) the ending again just fits so well with the characters.

I just recently got those two games =D

I can't beat the final version of Seymour :sad: