Final Fantasy II: Rebellion - History

Brandon Strader

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A song was finished yesterday, and it is glorious.

Concerning the one final song that is holding this up... It might be cut if it doesn't work out. Either way, I am 500% satisfied with the album now as is. It's just amazing. It's the kind of album that is so good you just want to walk away after it's out. Not sure if it can be outdone. Will probably be the best community album I could ever hope to coordinate.

A song was finished yesterday, and it is glorious.

Concerning the one final song that is holding this up... It might be cut if it doesn't work out. Either way, I am 500% satisfied with the album now as is. It's just amazing. It's the kind of album that is so good you just want to walk away after it's out. Not sure if it can be outdone. Will probably be the best community album I could ever hope to coordinate.

Oh man, this is going to rock.

Can we get a preview or something small? Even if it's just 30 secs of a track.

I was thinking of doing that, but you actually gave me a much better idea. I think I would like to make a promotional trailer, upload it to youtube, and get a jump on promoting the album much earlier than OCR would usually do. And to top it all off, I could use game footage and such because I'd upload it on my own youtube channel. :-D

Suppose I may get on that eventually, but not if it slows down the album production itself :-P

In other news, I've requested the updated OCR album template from Stevo -- don't think I didn't notice it changed! Rather than keep all 3 sites consistent with the same template, I'd like to make a ff trilogy landing page once FF3 is completed, if such a thing is possible. So rather than linking to all 3 albums individually, I could simply link to say, fftrilogy.ocremix.org which would have a simple button for all 3 albums to either visit their respective site or just download from there at a glance.

Edited by Brandon Strader

I was thinking of doing that, but you actually gave me a much better idea. I think I would like to make a promotional trailer, upload it to youtube, and get a jump on promoting the album much earlier than OCR would usually do. And to top it all off, I could use game footage and such because I'd upload it on my own youtube channel. :-D

Suppose I may get on that eventually, but not if it slows down the album production itself :-P

In other news, I've requested the updated OCR album template from Stevo -- don't think I didn't notice it changed! Rather than keep all 3 sites consistent with the same template, I'd like to make a ff trilogy landing page once FF3 is completed, if such a thing is possible. So rather than linking to all 3 albums individually, I could simply link to say, fftrilogy.ocremix.org which would have a simple button for all 3 albums to either visit their respective site or just download from there at a glance.

You're welcome, that sounds cool.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I was listening to the album the other night and it really struck me how much of a narrative there is between the songs -- It really feels like a cohesive adventure in a way, "Snakeyes" leads perfectly into "Grind the Crank" and "Personification of Evil" is a perfect lead in and sets the tone for "A Kingdom Fallen" among so many other special moments on there. Can't wait for you guys to hear it. :-)

I honestly can't say for sure what is next, but it's been submitted for eval since May so it should be getting close. Like I said earlier on in the thread 9 of the songs had already passed the panel so that should have also helped make the eval easier but who knows :nicework:

When it gets closer to time that I know anything at all, I want to try to do a listening party on Twitch that people can tune into and hear the album in advance, other people are also going to be allowed to do listening parties but I'm not going to specifically schedule those and they'll have to do it on their own - the twitch one will be the major listening party, and it'll be a little more whimsical than usual and might include some kind of audience participation from the comments.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...