OCR02461 - Star Fox 64 & Final Fantasy Mystic Quest "Star King"

djpretzel

Woah. This was a big surprise.

Breakbeat electronica is a genre that's very hit or miss for me, and I'd like to congratulate you for pulling off an extremely awesome song here, DaMonz. The soloing is absolutely awesome, some of the best I've heard on this site. A staple of the genre (at least from all of what I've heard) being glitchy effects / drums are being used very well here. Also, I'm digging the soundscape and atmosphere of the song! That jump from the piano section back to the conclusion was awesome. Great focus on the dynamics in this song.

Recommending this song to anyone reading. Again, great stuff! :)

Nice remix here, the source material doesn't change much yet the drums still manage to have a very uninterrupted, "dancey" flow to them. Usually electronica remixes have to sacrifice one for the other. The drums also remind me of the Ada's Groove remix, they have the same feel and prominence. Hope your future remixes are just as fast paced and fun!

Hm, very interesting ideas here. I only have a small problem with the obligatory stereo separation, but that's only because a lot of people break their earphones a lot. I don't, but I figure a lot of people I knew did. :P

Otherwise, this was a song that kept me listening until the end, so therefore I must have liked it! :D

Great job, DaMonz!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

When someone uses vocal samples in his mix, they are gonna either ruin it totally, or make it incredibly awesome. Thankfully, here we got the latter. These samples really help to embrace the high-energy, adventurous atmosphere of this track. The breakneck percussion is simply jaw-dropping and the synth soloing is pretty impressive as well. Amazing track, Emery!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02461 - Star Fox 64 & Final Fantasy Mystic Quest "Star King"