Shenmue Menu Music (Deep Progressive Trance Remix)

Iceferno

Those familiar with Shenmue will quickly recognise the music this remix is based on. I've also inserted elements from the main theme into it at certain points. It's long, progressive and has a number of sections, including an ambient intro which resembles the original quite closely.

Very enjoyable indeed! We need more Shenmue remixes!

I'm listening on my sucky work computer speakers, so I'm not doing any close monitoring.

I love the ambient sounds at the beginning. The decay on the pad the comes in at 0:30 could be shortened just a bit. Around 1:31, the piano that comes in sounds a little mechanical and a bit too bright (but that's just personal taste.) At 2:32, those little plucky synths could probably use just a little more decay (just a little).

Things start to get a little repetitive as the song goes on. I like the drumwork, but you could probably use a few more breaks and transitions to kinda liven things up some more. Honestly, I would probably shorten the whole song by a couple of minutes. It gets kind of of difficult to keep things fresh in longer remixes.