MAGFest 11 OCR Community Info - Rooms/People/Rides/GroupReg (Partially Updated 12/26/12)

Level 99

Yo Nick, how come there are no Super Supporter stuff this time around?

With us growing and changing venues, we just can't provide the super supporter badges the attention they deserve. We'll consider revisiting them in the future, but they're discontinued for now.

We really appreciate the community's support on this, as many people have been asking about the super supporter badges. If you'd like to really support as as much as you can, please buy a supporter badge, get merch at the event, volunteer, and please please please tell all your friends about us.

I'm coming, and Ben Briggs and halc are probably coming with, but I'm not positive at this point. I plan on driving, and I wouldn't mind having people carpool with me to cut down on gas, so if anyone sorta near Indianapolis wants to drive here and ride the rest of the way with me to save a little on transportation costs, let me know.

I was planning on flying because I absolutely hate driving in a car for more than like 2 hours, but hey Nathan or Beth, maybe I can drive with one of you two? I'm in Columbus, OH and I know you Indy folk will have to go through Cbus on the way down I-70E. Not sure about Lansing.

I'll probably still fly though if it's cheap enough, cause I'll probably need to get back to work on the following Monday.

EDIT: yeah flights look super cheap... just curious, I didn't see an itinerary on the Mag site yet, except that it is Thur - Sun (3rd-6th). Do activities start first thing Thursday morning, or later in the evening typically? Also do they end like mid-day Sunday? Having never gone before I'm trying to think my best times to arrive/leave. Like will arriving Thursday morning and leaving Sunday night work so I don't miss anything? Thanks!

SuperiorX, stopping off at Columbus is a bit out of our way. We could stop if need be, but the Indianapolis crew is probably your best bet if you choose driving. But you should definitely go!

In years past, activities start mid-afternoon Thursday, but nothing super important is scheduled for then usually. Events end around noon on Sunday.

Oh, if SuperiorX wants to drive to my parents' house he could park his car there. I say there because they've got an acre and a half of parking space and I live in the city.

It's about 2 and a half hours from Columbus to there, then about 5 and a half to 6 hours down to MAGFest. I could drive. I may or may not also be driving Demonstray. We'll have to see how things go.

I'm coming, and Ben Briggs and halc are probably coming with, but I'm not positive at this point. I plan on driving, and I wouldn't mind having people carpool with me to cut down on gas, so if anyone sorta near Indianapolis wants to drive here and ride the rest of the way with me to save a little on transportation costs, let me know.

If it's just me, I'm riding with you guys. Done and done

EDIT: Provided you plan on staying for the duration this time, you bum

If it's just me, I'm riding with you guys. Done and done

EDIT: Provided you plan on staying for the duration this time, you bum

Dental school is a foul, foul taint of a thing. And I hear my winter break is a week shorter this year, plus I have to take my first board exam the first week of January... so yeah. Hopefully, it all works out, and I can stay the whole time, but it's not likely :(