MAGFest 11 OCR Community Info - Rooms/People/Rides/GroupReg (Partially Updated 12/26/12)

Level 99

Addie and I won't be coming this year, gang -- for those of you who haven't heard yet, our first child is due in the middle of November, which makes travelling cross-country to a convention in January basically impossible. Have fun without us, and we'll look forward to seeing you next time around!

Noooooooooooooo how are we going to play FIGHTAN GAEMZ 4 REEL????

(Congrats and good luck with the little one)

I'll be driving there from Fargo with a friend flying in from Phoenix and we'll be picking up a couple of people along the route. Not sure how many we're picking up, but we might be able to swing by and grab a person or two on our way if there's room.

We'll be rooming with other people who we're meeting up with at the convention though, so if you DO ride with us, make sure you get your room situation figured out.

Gonna be a good time.

So as of now I'll be rooming with Ben Briggs, bLiNd, and Jade his wife so count us all on being there.

It's essentially the DJ room, yo.

you could make this into a jetsons theme song parody

MEET THIS GUY BLIND

HIS FRIEND AARON

OTHER FRIEND BEN

JADE HIS WIFE

yeah it was all for that last part

regardless sounds like a fun room. :D

I'm going to be there this year. I'm already pre-registered. It'll be my first MAGFest. I'm flying in from California and will be staying at either the Gaylord or a nearby hotel; whatever will be the best deal. I'm open to sharing a room with someone if we can lessen the costs.

I also have a question. It seems most of the events (at least the DJ stuff) happens Thu, Fri, Sat. Is Sunday mostly just the "pack up your shit and leave" day?

I'm going to be there this year. I'm already pre-registered. It'll be my first MAGFest. I'm flying in from California and will be staying at either the Gaylord or a nearby hotel; whatever will be the best deal. I'm open to sharing a room with someone if we can lessen the costs.

I also have a question. It seems most of the events (at least the DJ stuff) happens Thu, Fri, Sat. Is Sunday mostly just the "pack up your shit and leave" day?

Congratulations on grabbing the brass ring. To answer your question: Pretty much.

Edit: 4000th Post!

• 2 weeks later...
I hate you.

On a side note, I'm totally excited to be playing at MAG this year. How many shirts will I take off and throw into the crowd? One? Two? Seventeen?! YOU'LL JUST HAVE TO BE THERE TO FIND OUT!

Lies and slander! If you take off shirts, what will happen to OA's?

I wasn't sure if anybody had gotten around to doing this yet, but I went ahead and created our yearly OCR block just in case. For anyone who's already booked their rooms, head to the Block Request Form, fill it out, and put "OverClocked ReMix" for the block name. Let's get an entire hallway going on again this year!

In the form to create the block, I technically named it "OverClocked ReMix (OCR)", so I imagine if anyone puts "OCR" in the block name, whoever handles the block registration this year will know what you're talking about.

OKAY PEOPLE I'm really sorry I let the OP get very outdated. I just spent a lot of time looking over the WHOLE thread and I think everything in the OP is now up to date.

Everyone who books a room at the Gaylord should list in OCR block, unless you want to take your chances elsewhere (where you could find yourself some peace and quiet maybe, or maybe be in a worse, louder area).

For group reg, I suggest getting that done within the next two weeks. Gar, you seem to be on the ball, so do one last round of solicitation on the forums and in the IRC chat for people.

If I missed anything, or anything is inaccurate, let me know. Gonna be a mighty fine MAG this year.