MAGFest 11 OCR Community Info - Rooms/People/Rides/GroupReg (Partially Updated 12/26/12)

Level 99

Bunch of nerds itt.

Moguta and I have been rooming together at MAG for 7 years now (with two other random folks to keep costs down) and have been incident free every time. I'm here trying to extend that streak to 8 years. We have two open room spots! Requirements are basic: Alcohol, room hangouts, and games are cool. Drunks, parties, and drama are not cool. Also, don't be a dick. Interested? PM me.

Update 10/22: Our roommates from last year (they were MAG noobs) are coming again this year and they were awesome dudes. Thanks anyway for the PMs guys.

Some nostalgia from last year to jazz up the hype: Three Sorority Girls Discover MAGFest. Yeah, weird awesome shit happens to me sometimes.

Got official word today that we have leave authorized through January 7, so I am go.

Now on the hunt for the cheapest way to get back to Anchorage within 30 hours of check-out.

well then xarn, see you there

also looks like i'm roomin' with nario. we just discussed everything, so i'm good to go on that front.

finally i can stop bugging people about this.

So wait, does that mean we will get our dapper selves on the website too Steve?

I'm only there because I'm going to be directly involved with the setup and running of the MAGFest live streams on Arecibo Radio. I'm not sure how involved you are with the 8bitX end of things (they're streaming the second stage shows); I'd imagine they're the ones you'd check with.

Right now I'm trying to confirm who to speak to so that I can make sure I'm in the OCR room block. I had put in my hotel reservation quite a while back. For those that don't know, Marriot is now doing all of the Gaylord's reservations as of the beginning of this month. I called and spoke to someone at Marriot and they didn't have anything in their system other than my hotel room being for MAGfest and that she didn't have anything in her system on room blocks for sub groups of the convention. So, I'm not waiting for the hotel coordinator, Colette, to call me back about all this. If anyone else has better information on the situation, please let me know.

Right now I'm trying to confirm who to speak to so that I can make sure I'm in the OCR room block. I had put in my hotel reservation quite a while back. For those that don't know, Marriot is now doing all of the Gaylord's reservations as of the beginning of this month. I called and spoke to someone at Marriot and they didn't have anything in their system other than my hotel room being for MAGfest and that she didn't have anything in her system on room blocks for sub groups of the convention. So, I'm not waiting for the hotel coordinator, Colette, to call me back about all this. If anyone else has better information on the situation, please let me know.

Problem solved! Apparently this exists:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dGUyRjZpY01sZTc5VTBzVG9WNGRYT0E6MA

Guys when you send money with paypal, you have to send it as a gift instead of service or else paypal takes a cut and the person you're sending money to doesn't get the full amount. Just so you know!

Haha, thanks, although I didn't really want to vent on the OCR forums about Paypal's fees.

I'm done taking in pre-reg requests now though, so we're about good to go for the pre-reg group!

Just to verify, this is who is in it:

kitty

DarkeSword

Monobrow

Prot

Garpocalypse

ToN

ToN's gf

Flexstyle

Emunator

Jose the Bronx Rican

Xarnax42