MAGFest 11 OCR Community Info - Rooms/People/Rides/GroupReg (Partially Updated 12/26/12)

Level 99

I just got in from Boston and neither of my offers have gotten back to me, so I still need a room. If anyone's looking to true their fare for tonight, lets meet up somewhere. I'm in a Team Rocket shirt with a green sweatshirt and a blue backpack

Sent you a PM about an hour ago.

I left Anchorage with my copy of Legacy of the Wizard to get signed by Yuzo Koshiro. Over the last 3 weeks, I've found 2 more in used game shops, and Thursday, found a copy in box. Managed to find people in line today to help, and got 'em all. The highlight was when I handed him the box. It was clearly a blast from the past for him, turning it over, pointing something out to Kinuyo Yamashita, and laughing. This game and OST are so good. I'm happy now.

Bonus: NES sleeves signed by Kinuyo Yamashita.

YuzoKoshiroFest2.jpg

Oh crap my shoulder and neck are killing me, my throat is dry as a bone and just as pleasant, I can feel the MAGFlu creeping up on me already, and yet I still can't put into words just how amazing this weekend was.

Post MAGFest Depression is going to be the worse this year. It is offset only by two things: 1) there are some people still sticking around a bit after today so its not like everyone says goodbye at once and 2) I both bought and got rid of a copy of Shaq Fu this weekend.

I left MAGfest yesterday fully satisfied. Sadly, I didn't get the chance to meet any of you guys (though at breakfast I saw a big group of some pretty seasoned OCR vets—didn't say hi though. I'm too awkward) but I did spend the brunt of Friday with the whole Twilight Symphony crew and FamilyJules, so that was a lot of fun. Hopefully I can stay for a few more days next year!

I think Ben Briggs lied about djp saying nobody was going to Busboys and Poets so I ended up having post-mag brunch with him and his girlfriend, was still a pretty enjoyable and nice time. Sucked not saying goodbye to everyone else but... wah..

If anyone's still at the Gaylord, let me know. I'd still like to say goodbye to people.