The Amazing Spider-Man (film)

JH Sounds

So, I got back from watching it, and I liked it. How about you?

Some thoughts: (SPOILS) One of the things I loved about it is that it finally explains why there are convienient cranes everywhere to swing on. Spider-Karma, bro. :P

I'm not sure I can accept the rebooted Aunt May. No matter how old Sally Field is, she's still Sally Field.

SPOILS YOIt annoys me to no end that people are complaining about Peter Parker being too "wimpy" or "nerdy," and the fact that he uses web cartridges. THAT'S THE WAY IT WAS IN THE FUCKING COMICS. This isn't Tobey Maguire Spider-Man (which was kind of shit imo). And besides, Andrew Garfield blew it out of the water. Apprehensive about himself and brooding because of how much death he's witnessed at such a young age, yet still has such a strong desire to help people in need, and able to crack some wise. Perfect Peter Parker.

It felt to me like an awful lot of story to develop and pack into... even the 2.25 hours it lasts. Parts of it felt kinda rushed to me. Not to mention the crraaaaapp CGI... but I saw it in 2D, and I feel like it was the opposite of what usually happens with 2D/3D films, where its filmed in 2D and then converted to 3D as an afterthought, and looks awful in 3D. I genuinely feel like this movie would've looked even better in 3D than in 2D, and that's how the creators intended it. That being said, the action sequences were AMAZING, and I love Garfield even more for doing most of his own stunt work.

I'm really curious what they're going to do with the story; I'm really, REALLY hoping Marvel makes a deal with Sony to have Spider-Man in the Avengers story. Since they're making Iron Man, Cpt. America, and Thor sequels, I think they'd have time, and certainly space for a Spidey sequel before joining. But the fact that Norman Osborn wasn't mentioned much, and looking at the new War Machine costume, it'd be absolutely EASY to have Osborn get his hands on the suit and become the Iron Patriot, making the Avengers public enemies and heading the Dark Avengers in a third outing of the series. Wouldn't that be fucking awesome?! WOULDN'T IT?!

In case you didn't know, I have an enormous nerd boner for comic book stories